cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the status of the communication channel (Success or Fail)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a JDBC to JDBC scenario in which I want to get the status of the communication channel if the data is placed at the target successfully.

If data is placed successfully at the target system, I want to update a field in the source with a value say "1" or else "0".

Experts please help me in finding out what to do for such a requirement.

Thanks,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may go with Stored Procedures .Use JDBC as sync mode. Form a Stored Procedure for give the

response back using select query.That will solve your problem.If you are using table then the

response is the count of the updated or inserted record.So you can not use that for your requirement.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when JDBC reciever is in sync mode, say select or update etc then it will respond back with the number of records that was updated etc ... use that and then update our source accordingly.

Eg. /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step - see the JDBC response in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is'nt there any other method to do it other tham by using a BPM?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no need for a BPM in case you have a sync sender JDBC and Sync Receiver JDBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think for synchronous scenario u have to use BPM.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case I am not using SELECT or UPDATE. I am using INSERT. Will this hold good if I am using Sync JDBC. And how we'll get the number of rows created at the target. How will I get hold of that value?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JDBC sender does not support sync behavior but JDBC receiver does. So you may use Async - Sync - Async communication using the adapter modules as shown here for file.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file(Without%252bBPM)

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> no need for a BPM in case you have a sync sender JDBC and Sync Receiver JDBC.

correction. Thanks Prateek. I missed that

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cant you modify the scenario to use a UPDATE_INSERT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE_INSERT ?

Sorry that I have no idea about it. Is this something that we give in the target data in the action attribute? Could you please give me an idea what is the difference if I use this?