cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am new to MII and got new requirement in MII.

I need to capture the data of Process Order from SAP and sent to MII. Please suggest me how to approach this scenario. Whether to use BAPI or IDOC or any other way to do it??

Thanks in advance.

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Radhika,

First You have to cinfigure SAP server details under the Data Services.

Then go to BLS ,click Logic Editor and use JCO Action block under SAP ERP Interface.

In JCO Actionblock configuraion select the created SAP System alias and in webservice details search for required BAPI.

And pass the input parameters to execute that BAPI if needed.

Save the output in xml using xml saver action block or map data to the document action block.

You will see the desired result.

Hope this helps you.

-Suresh Hiremath

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on May 12, 2009 11:19 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping hands.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

You can go through this blog:

/people/musarrat.husain2/blog/2007/10/23/a-beginners-guide-to-call-an-rfc-in-bls

hope this may help you.

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are couple of options available to send process order data from ERP to MII. First you need to clarify the process flow whether the process orders should be pushed from ERP to MII or whether MII should pull it (by user event in screen or by background job).

For the first case i.e. pushed from ERP you can choose one of the two options below:

1) Send the process order using LOIPRO IDoc to MII. This IDoc can be triggered from POIT t-code in ERP or you can configure to send it at some event of the process order such as order release. In MII 11.5 you can use the IDoc Listener to receive the IDoc and in MII 12.0 you can use the Message Services for the same. Refer the following documents for more information :

[ How to Send IDocs from the SAP R/3 Enterprise to the SAP xMII 11.5|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/201769e0-3174-2910-e287-baa58d198246]

2) Send control recipe from ERP to MII. This is only possible for process order if you have configured the process instructions in the master recipe of the order or in the control recipe destination configuration. You can either send the control recipe manually from co53 t-code or can configure a background job to send it periodically. Refer the following blog for more information:

[How To Send Control Recipe Data from ECC to SAP xMII|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6339] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

In the other scenario it is possible to pull the available process orders e.g. with status release from ERP from an application in MII. You may have a screen in MII where you can display the selection criteria which the user will specify and click a button. On click of the button you can execute a BLS transaction developed in MII via an iCommand applet inside which you can execute the BAPI/RFC to retrieve the list of process orders and show them in the screen or buffer in MII accordingly. Alternatively you can schedule this BLS transaction in the MII scheduler to execute it periodically and pull the order data from ERP. Refer the following document for step-by-step guide on how to create BLS transaction executing RFC in MII:

[Tips and Tricks for Building ERP Interfaces in MII|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0f26203-5ebd-2b10-5cb4-84e7019bfadc]

You can clarify the process from the business and can select one of these options to develop the solution in MII.

Thanks,

Dipankar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For IDoc Download with MII 12.0 Message Services and SAP ECC 6.0:

[How to Send an IDoc from SAP ECC to the SAP MII IDoc Listener|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/bpx-community/manufacturing/how%20to%20send%20an%20idoc%20from%20sap%20ecc%20to%20the%20sap%20mii%20idoc%20listener.pdf]

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone...

Now I got some idea how to send the data from SAP to MII .

Could you please also suggest me sending the data from MII to non-SAP (dot net)

Is it possible to intergate all the non- SAP sys in MII and can we able able to send any one of them?

Thanks in advance,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think webservice is one option to access data from some other applications.

-Suresh Hiremath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

Can I have detialed info on that.

my requirement is to sent data from MII to non-sap.

Thanks,

Radhika

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To connect to non-SAP system from MII either you can execute a web service provided by the external system from the BLS transaction using the web service action block, or you can directly connect to its database using the IDBC connector available in MII and execute SQL queries on it.

Thanks,

Dipankar