cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating PO's from bidding...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to create PO from bids. We are able to see the bids submitted by the vendor. But i am not able to see the PO in the backend, instead iam able to see the PO locally.

Can anypne help me out.

Thanks,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Which scenario are you using ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Yann,

The main problem is that iam on classic seneario, but iam seeing the PO locally.

Thanks,

Bert

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Are you correctly maintaining the backend destination by product category ?

It should be a customizing error.

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by: Yann Bouillut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I have a question here. I am using the bids that has been created from local categories. So this product will not be there in the backend. So that is the reason it is creating the PO's here.

Thanks,

Bert

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

If you product category do only exist in EBP and not in R/3, you will never be able to create a backend PO.

But i think that you didn't manage correctly the configuration step that enable you to determine the backend system in which the PO is to be created.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

this is the standard behavior.

If you create Bid Inv from scratch (i.e. without from a SC), a local PO is created.

Why ?

Because it is an incomplete PO by definition (you can not enter accounting data in Bid Inv or Quote), so it needs to be completed.

As we can not create an incomplete PO in R/3, we can only create it locally, where it can be completed in BBP_POC.

If you create Bid Inv from a SC, the system can retrieve more data form SC (like accounting data) and go further with PO creation. The PO creation follows the same path as usual SC transfer:

- if your SC is in classic scenario (SPRO define target system per category), then a backend PO will be created.

- if SC is local --> local PO.

- if SC is EP/DP --> local PO + R/3 PO.

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Case without SC :

If scenario is ECS and if i complete the PO in SRM, will the system copy the po in R/3 ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

can you open a new thread for this question please ?