cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository with external document properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new with KM development and then I need some help. My goal is to have a repository that, when I put a document in a folder on a filesystem, read properties from an external database table where the key is the filename (that is unique). I don't know if a property filter is a good choice... Furthermore when some property changes, the document must change Portal ACL.

How can I do it?

Thanks.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The obvious way to do this would be writing a repository manager, although it's likely more work code-wise.

Furhermore, when you say: "Furthermore when some property changes, the document must change Portal ACL."... - does this mean that access rights indeed depend on the aforementioned properties? In which case a repository manager with it's own security manager implementation sounds like the "right" approach (in terms how the extensibility points in KM are designed).

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

yes, portal ACL must depend on some properties, basically I must emulate on the portal some kind of workflow that is configured on a database; at start time a document must be visible only by approver, then after a state change other people must be granted to view the document and so on.

Do you think I must write from scratch a repository manager end its own security manager or it is possible to start from some template (or example)?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Optimally, you would start from a simple repository that uses the filesystem as persistence, and doesn't offer custom properties. However, I don't think a template for something like this exists.

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julian,

I'm starting working with a new repository manager as you suggested.

Best regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

Let me know if you need assistance (we've got lots of RM development skills over here at greenbytes .