cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Merge multiple PDF's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have seen the other threads on this but still i want to share my issue with you.

We are implementing Digitally signed Form16. Now in this we get 3 different PDF forms downloaded to our PC. As per our requirement we want to combine them in a single PDF.

As in the code we can see that for each form the XSTRING gets converted to BIN using FM "SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY"and then this BIN is downloaded in PDF using the method "cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download".

Now what i did is in FM "SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY" i marked the check "append_to_table = 'X'".

Due to this i got all the PDF's got converted to BIN in a single table. And i passed this table along with its length to the same method "cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download".

But as a result i got a single PDF with only last PDF form in the sequence.

Can anyone please tell me how to merge this BIN file so that it can generated the entire PDF.

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I may be wrong, but what you do is not going to work the way you want if approaching it the way you do.

If you want you can go here to understand the roots of problem -> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/

But you can skip it and just believe me, that PDF as a format has its structure. And this structure is far more complex, than e.g. of plain text file or HTML file. So you can't make one PDF file of three just by adding entire contents of each of them to the end of the previous. And this is what you do.

To merge several PDF files in one you have to either use special tool (see thread ) or (and that seems to be possible in your case) redesign your project so in the first step which you described (Now in this we get 3 different PDF forms downloaded to our PC. As per our requirement we want to combine them in a single PDF.) you already receive one file.

Regards,

Petr Perstnev