cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 7.0 SR1 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

I am upgradeing my SCM system from SCM5.0 to SCM 7.0 with SR1.

For this i have upgraded my source kernal to latest patch level.My souce system is having non-unicode kernal.

For upgrade i have downloaded upgrade master DVD,kernal of SCM7.0 with EHP1, as somebody told me SCM7.0 requires kernal 701. Alos i have downloaded fix and latest sapup version.The SAPup version which i am using is unicode.

My operating system is windows X64bit 2003 server.

Before starting the upgrade i need to set the java env variable by "STARTUP.BAT jce_policy_zip=<path to JCE policy archive>".

Then i go to directory /usr/sap/<SID>/upg/sdt/exe , then i run the file DSGui.bat, after running this file the pop comes asking to enter local host name and TCP/IP port. I have selected the default one andc lick on ok , it again asks the SSL certificate goes ahed when i clicked on ok.

when i have started the fiest phase of upgrade, i asks me the keyword and path for downlod directory.

After some time in extraction phase of upgrade it throws error as -

"Error during create process of D:\usr\sap\SC2\SYS\exe\run\R3trans -V "

Please can any one help on this ..............

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This error is solved and now , the upgrade has gone to next step. In /usr/sap/<SID>/sys/exe/run , i found a duplicate files of R3trans,saplicense,dispwork. So i have renamed all the duplicate fles .I.e R3trans.bak,saplicense.bak,dispwork.bak

This has solved the problems.