cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custome build PI monitoring tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in the process of considering PI 7.1 as the next generation of EAI solution.

We have come across a requirement to build a custom web based application to show PI monitoring data.

The current EAI tool comes with such a user friendly web based application where bussiness users can see historic data about messages related to their bussiness units.We thought of having users to login to Run time work bench and see the message data, however, the RWB is too complex for the non technical users and it also have few components (performance monitoring, componenet monitoring) which end will not be concerned about.

Have anybody come across this kind of requirement?? Have anybody tried building a custome monitoring tool over PI in their PI implemetation??

Suggestion and comments will be greatly appreciated.

- Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still need to explorere few more ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What about RWB and NWAPI. Did you already check the functionality of these two tools?

http://server:port/rwb and http://server:port/nwapi

You should not re-invent the wheel if you today have an 80% solution out-of-the-box and maybe a 90% solution tomorrow. Also think of Patches, Support Packages, EhPs and Upgrades. Each and every time you will have to perform a more or less intensive re-test of your custom-built Monitoring Tool. And if things do not work anymore you will have a lot of fun in finding and fixing the root cause(s) ...

Regards,

Volker

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to this complexity, SAP has already decided to gradually move all the monitoring fuctionality under one umbrella and that would SAP NetWeaver Administrator. In coming future, it would include all the fuctionality you could see in Runtime Workbench. In the starting phase, it will include the Component Monitoring, Message Monitoring and Performance Monitoring.

Still ff you want to build a custom application, you may refer this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909760cb-0ec8-2a10-4a96-ee8417ac...

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Prateek.

I apology for the late reply.The link you have mentioned talks about fetching the data out of integration engine tables.

I have following two concerns here about this approch if you would like to add your views on -

1. What if the message fails while it is being picked by the adapter? Will this message state be recorded in the IS tables? My understanding is that this message state will only be stored in the adapter frame work tables which are at java stack.

2. How much volume of data can be transported over the web service? What if I have thousands messages flowing throw the PI on per day basis? And using this web service, I may search for all the message details for the messages passed through the PI system in last one day or one week??

- Rajan