cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch BW Report from BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am launching a BW Report from a BSP right now, but have one issue with it. I am passing a parameter/value combo in the URL so the report automatically launches without the variable screen popping up.

Now, I have tried adding VARIABLE_SCREEN='' in the URL, but the variable screen still pops up.

This is the URL that I am using:

/sap/bw/bex?sap-client=800&bspclient=800&sap-language=EN&bsplanguage=EN&CMD=SET_PROPERTIES&STYLE_SHEET=some-stylesheet&INFOCUBE=ZERC_I02&QUERY=ZERC_1030&var_name_1=ZOPREQ&var_value_ext_1=1234

The reason for the client=800 is because I am launching the reports from client 100.

Just need some pointers to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Cheers,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are calling client 800 application (bw report) from client 100

in that case first you will be faced with a popup for providing the authentication for client 800 (uid/pwd)

and after entering userid and password are you still presnedted with variable screen?

and have to checed the url outside BSP? to see whether it works as desired

moreover i am not sure about the parameter CMD=SET_PROPERTIES

to execute the query the CMD should be LDOC right?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no popup asking for authentication, and I can explain that. We are launching e-recruitment (BSP Application) from our portal (EP6) and this is connected through a portal certificate and SSO. Then from e-recruiting, we get into the requisition we want, and click a custom reports button. On the next screen, there are several links that point to different reports, all using the requisition number. When you click the report, it launches a new window with the report in it.

We have put the portal certificate inside client 800, so I think it uses the portal session ID to get the connection without authentication.

I had checked the URL outside the BSP first before adding to the BSP page.

The reason for having the CMD=SET_PROPERTIES is so we can utilize a custom CSS file that we have on client 800. If we don't specify it, then it uses a standard delivered CSS.

If you are interested, this is what I used... <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/1f813b310c4a0ee10000000a114084/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/1f813b310c4a0ee10000000a114084/content.htm</a>

Funny thing this morning though, we tried a couple things that we did last week, and now it works. Maybe something to do with caching... not sure. I added back in <b>VARIABLE_SCREEN=</b> after the QUERY=ZERC_1030 and before &var_name. We activated it, and it works. No more variable screen.

This stuff baffles me sometimes...

Thanks again for the post.

Cheers,

Kevin

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Glad to know its working.

since you didnt mention about portal with sso i have misunderstood your question.

thanks for the link

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I apologize for not explaning the portal and SSO. I'll remember for next time.

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (0)