Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors occurred during the extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have a datasource in apo which is also a datamart

When we ran some extractor checker on that datasource it is giving us some error like

Errors occurred during the extraction

Can anyone guide us some solution?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created this Data Source or it is standerd one?

If you have created data source based up on planning area, then go to transaction /n/sapapo/SDP_EXTR, then choose you planning area & select appropriate data source. Then press "Test DataSource". Remove check box of Debug Mode. Then enter required filed say Planning Version, Product, Period etc. & Execute the transaction. If you will find the data then your data source is fine.

If you are checking data source in transaction RSA1, then may it is replication issue. You need to check or may be it is an authorization issue. Because i have also faced same problem & finally i got the error as an authorization problem.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujay

Thanks for your answer

I am not so familiar with apo datasource

But it is the datasource which starts with prefix 9

Do u think this is an authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay

Can you please guide me please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See, whenever you create any data source under the planning area it should start from 9a & rest standard data source is also start from 9a or 9.

Second thing, is this data source depends up on any planning area I mean this data source created under any planning area?

For authorization, extract data ones again & see the log in to transaction su53(Display authorization data for user...). If you found any authorization problem in to that then it may an authorization issue.

Try it..Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujay

This datasource is created under a certain planning area.

I had a look at the user in su53 but it says that

ALL AOTHORIZATION CHECKS SO FAR HAVE BEEN SUCCESFULL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try the following steps which i have mentioed in earlier reply.

If you have created data source based up on planning area, then go to transaction /n/sapapo/SDP_EXTR, then choose you planning area & select appropriate data source. Then press "Test DataSource". Remove check box of Debug Mode. Then enter required filed say Planning Version, Product, Period etc. & Execute the transaction. If you will find the data then your data source is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya sujay

I did so but still it is giving the same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok...

One thing i want to know Are you working on which land scape i mean Dev. server, quality server or prod. server? Whether this data source transport from any above mentioned server?

Because i have also faced same issue at my previous project where i found two types of error one is authorization issue & other is transportation issue. That`s why i am asking the above question.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujay

Datasource in production is fine but we are facing problem with the same datasource in dev

one morething just now i ran that datasource in rsa 3

and it gave me short dump after running for a long time and the shortdump is

MEMORY_NO_MORE_PAGING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You usually get this error if the application server runs out of memory. Since this is a Dev system, it makes more sense. You have to break this extraction down to smaller selections in order for it to work in Dev system.

Regards,

Mohammed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry gurus any solution to this problem