cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy-to-File scenario. Acknologements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a Proxy-to-File scenario, is it possible to receive on SAP-backend side acknolegement that the file was succesfully delivered to target FTP server.

What are the options for this requirement? The only solution I can see right now is a BPM, where there is a transport acknowlegement selected on Send step. But are there are any other?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can request an acknowledgment in the ABAP proxy client code.

This is described in the online help.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check this for Querying the XI Message Header

Using this protocol you can query the fields of the message header after a proxy call.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a1/082589fc4246f09793039d5fb01a17/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPM is the only solution and File adapter supports only transport acknowledgement and not application ack.

Regards,

Manisha

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Experts,

>

> We have a Proxy-to-File scenario, is it possible to receive on SAP-backend side acknolegement that the file was succesfully delivered to target FTP server.

>

> What are the options for this requirement? The only solution I can see right now is a BPM, where there is a transport acknowlegement selected on Send step. But are there are any other?

>

> Best Regards

nothing by standard other than the acknowledgment via the send step in BPM exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

Thanks a lot for your response!

Maybe you know how this standart acknolegemnt mechanism works? What makes Adapter to send acknowlegemnt back to BPM? Maybe BPM sets some flag on message header?

I am thinking about somehow to simulate this without the BPM.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Shabarish,

>

> Thanks a lot for your response!

>

> Maybe you know how this standart acknolegemnt mechanism works? What makes Adapter to send acknowlegemnt back to BPM? Maybe BPM sets some flag on message header?

>

> I am thinking about somehow to simulate this without the BPM.

I am not sure about the underlying activity. But the step steps forces a request for acknowledgment in this case. I will wait to see if anybody can explain this. Will be a good info to know.

Anyway,

In case you got for a customized way, you may lose out on performance, hence since there is a standard functionality available, do opt for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

We just want to avoid using BPM as the filesizes are pretty big and we already have sometimes problems with IE->AE HTTP call (failing with timeouts or heap size errors), but we really need this acnowlegement functionality.