cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM project always breaks my NWDS Workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am very sure this is because of the buggy NWDS, but how to avoid it or walkaround?

this is what happens to me:

i create a bpm project in process composer perspective, add web dynpro components dependency, do output input mapping, use a wsdl on the "Start" to trigger the process(a separate web dynpro page will call this wsdl) .

the problem is, every time i close nwds, and open it again, the project breaks my workspace, it can not open the project any more. i have to create another workspace, copy the process's dc into the new workspace, create project from development perspective, and then work on it.

imo, creating a new workspace again when i open nwds is not a walkaround. can anyone give me some hints on this?

or let me know how to upgrade the process composer perspective, i tried to download the SP5 version of NWDS, but looks like the process composer perspective is not there.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a similar "Requested array size exceeds VM limit" error in NWDS. I am only posting this in case it is related to yours.

The error I am getting is being thrown when NWDS is trying to update the NW server status. Once I get the error I start getting it frequently no matter how big my heap is or how much room is left in it. According to a Sun description of the error it is only heap related so I didn't mess with any other memory settings.

I found this bug report (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=212075) for the error I am seeing. Since the bug has to do with Eclipse creating a corrupt *.dat file, maybe this one is related. If you delete the corrupt *.dat file, the problem goes away until the file gets corrupted again.

It's not mentioned exactly which version of the Eclipse WTP it was introduced but it does say WTP 2.0 and it looks like it was fixed in WTP 3.0.

For the record, I am on NWDS 7.1 EP1 SP2, which looks like it is using Eclipse WTP 2.0.2.

I hope this helps track down the cause of your problem.

Regards,

Kevin Richardson

martin_moeller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi erv2,

The steps you described are normal usage of the NWDS and shouldn't cause the described behavior. Thus some more details would be required:

- On which (exact) version of NWDS are you operating?

- Does the NWDS print out any error messages / show popups you could also paste?

- Does the "error log" view of the NWDS contain some entries related to your project?

Furthermore I would encourage you opening a ticket via service.sap.com/message in case you can reproduce this issue over and over again.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version:

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP01 PAT0000

Build id: 200811082206

Error msg popup:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2428/3527359057_d04480ec23_o.jpg

(have a look at the screen shot, uploaded to flickr as cant not upload images here)

Error Log of NWDS:

I don't think it's my project's problem, i paste some of them here:

Edited by: erv2 on May 13, 2009 12:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2009-05-13 17:36:54.077

!MESSAGE Plug-in "com.sap.glx.ide.toolgen" was unable to instantiate class "com.sap.glx.ide.toolgen.plugin.GalaxyGeneratedUIEditorPlugin".

!STACK 0

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:422)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:370)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.getPlugin(PluginDescriptor.java:340)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.compatibility.PluginActivator.start(PluginActivator.java:28)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:417)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:189)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:340)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:408)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:289)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1269)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:160)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:788)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.filters.CommonFilterDescriptor.createFilter(CommonFilterDescriptor.java:120)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.NavigatorFilterService.getViewerFilter(NavigatorFilterService.java:178)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.NavigatorFilterService.getVisibleFilters(NavigatorFilterService.java:148)

at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigator.createPartControl(CommonNavigator.java:164)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper(ViewReference.java:370)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:227)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:592)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:299)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:531)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:179)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:268)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:400)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1256)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:668)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:576)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:564)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:270)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:931)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPage.java:2515)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$23.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2837)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.java:2818)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$17.runWithException(WorkbenchWindow.java:2135)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:129)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3659)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3296)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:801)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$25.runWithException(Workbench.java:1342)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:129)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3659)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3296)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2309)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:113)

at com.sap.tc.moin.facility.primary.query.index.memory.IndexDumpHandler.loadPriToIndexPri(IndexDumpHandler.java:731)

at com.sap.tc.moin.facility.primary.query.index.memory.IndexDumpHandler.load(IndexDumpHandler.java:678)

at com.sap.tc.moin.facility.primary.query.index.memory.IndexDumpedImpl.loadIndexFromFile(IndexDumpedImpl.java:320)

at com.sap.tc.moin.facility.primary.query.index.memory.IndexDumpedImpl.initialize(IndexDumpedImpl.java:226)

at com.sap.tc.moin.facility.primary.AbstractPrimaryFacility.initialize(AbstractPrimaryFacility.java:43)

at com.sap.tc.moin.facility.primary.ide.dii05.impl.IdePrimaryFacilityImpl.initialize(IdePrimaryFacilityImpl.java:271)

at com.sap.tc.moin.repository.runtimehost.MoinInstanceManager.initializeMoinFacilities(MoinInstanceManager.java:181)

at com.sap.tc.moin.repository.runtimehost.MoinInstanceManager.startMoin(MoinInstanceManager.java:70)

at com.sap.tc.moin.repository.runtimehost.ide.IdeRuntimeHostImpl.initializeMoin(IdeRuntimeHostImpl.java:222)

at com.sap.tc.moin.repository.runtimehost.ide.IdeRuntimeHostImpl.startMoin(IdeRuntimeHostImpl.java:168)

at com.sap.tc.moin.repository.runtimehost.ide.IdeRuntimeHostImpl.getMoinInstance(IdeRuntimeHostImpl.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.moin.repository.ide.MoinFactory.getMmDeploymentManager(MoinFactory.java:65)

at com.sap.mi.fwk.mm.MetamodelManager.getDeployedMetamodels(MetamodelManager.java:50)

at com.sap.mi.fwk.mm.MetamodelManager.getMetamodelsByName(MetamodelManager.java:164)

at com.sap.mi.fwk.mm.MetamodelManager.importMetamodels(MetamodelManager.java:131)

at com.sap.glx.ide.toolgen.plugin.GalaxyGeneratedUIEditorPlugin.assureMetamodelsLoaded(GalaxyGeneratedUIEditorPlugin.java:470)

at com.sap.glx.ide.toolgen.plugin.GalaxyGeneratedUIEditorPlugin.<init>(GalaxyGeneratedUIEditorPlugin.java:148)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:422)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:370)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.getPlugin(PluginDescriptor.java:340)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.compatibility.PluginActivator.start(PluginActivator.java:28)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)

Root exception:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the stacktrace you posted shows an OutOfMemoryError in the modeling infrastructure which internally handles the storage of the process model in the IDE.

I'm afraid this is out of scope for this forum. Please open a ticket via service.sap.com/message for this issue on component BC-BMT-BPM-CMP. If possible, include an export of your software component. This would make it easier for the colleagues from the Process Composer to reproduce the error.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Oliver.

I will create a ticket for this, as our team also relies on a stable development environment without worrying errors like this.

in the same time, would you kindly let me know where to download the latest process perspective? and how to install it. i want to see if it has already solved my problem as every time reopen nwds needs to create a new workspace that's just pain.

thanks again for your help

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

the update site should have been pre-configured after you installed the NWDS.

Did you try "Help" -> "Softwate Updates" -> "Find and Install..." in the NWDS?

"Search for updates of currently installed features" should bring up the available updates.

Best regards,

Oliver

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this kind of issue is definitly worth a CSS. Anyway here 2 tops for a workarround:

- Check that in the SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini (in the installation directory of your IDE) the memory settings are Ok. The default values are:

-Xmx512m

-Xms128m

-XX:PermSize=32m

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

If you run a target IDE, you must use the same or similar values.

- Try searching your workspace for files called "moin_idx.dat" and "moin_idx.dat.sign" and delete them. These files contain the index of the Model repository - and the OutOfMemory happens while the index is read. If the index is not there, it will be automatically recreated.

Best regards,

Reiner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I experience the same problem as described by erv2.

My problems started after updating to SP2.

It really is irritating to recreate the workspace each time after closing the IDE.

Deleting the files mentioned by Reiner Hille-Doering solved the issue but it still is irritating not as much as recreating a workspace but still ...

Regards,

Bastian