cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File content conversion Receiver with no key fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have a header structure with four fields all varying and also item structure with varying fields .. how do i go about to solve this .. as the regular Content Conversion uses key fields.. but there are no such key fields here... kindly help in this regard to proceed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the FCC used in receiver adapter there is no need of key field.

Just use structure Name.

Field separator: fixed length or you required.

End separator: you required

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont have a key field, then the only option to read the file and convert it to XML would be in a record row format.

Here each line will go as one field in the XML. You will have to use some logic in your mapping to extract the right field.

Ref: /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

but in case your is a receiver File adapter then key fields are not required.

ref: /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Header & Item fields indicates H & I letters. If you don't have that indication little bit cirtical to identify columns. Better to add letters to each header & iteam starting of column so that system will understand easily. After that we can use fixed length mechanism to divide columns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

File content conversion Receiver with no key fields

--->

Key field is required in case of sender content conversion, not required for receiver CC

is it a sender CC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Tht is not possible...in that case u need to put some extra field which will constant..

even i hv faced same problem and added extra field at soruce side with constant..

Regards,

Manisha