cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCUI - authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to allow the user to look at all the business partners in the system. However, do not allow to create or display activities or opportunities created for business partners that they are not authorized for. We have created an authorization object for this and maintaining the value of the object in the business partner.

Is there any way we can acheive this by not coding the auth checks in the appropriate BSP applications (model access classes) just by using SAP roles ?

Any input is greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any ideas as to whether this can be accomplished by ACE ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can proivde acces to only Accounts in the portal so that it restricts access to other applications.

You can control this with ACE in some extend. For that you have to create custom roles with the required authorisation object.

Regards,

Abdul Raheem s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Can you elaborate little bit more on " You can proivde acces to only Accounts in the portal so that it restricts access to other applications."

Does this mean if I restrict the user access to a particular account (using auth group in BP), he will not be able to see any business transactions (activities or opportunites) for that account ? Is this automatic or do I need to set up anything for this to happen? Also, what is the authorization object for this ?

I also came across on sap help that an alternative to using ACE is to control the access using SU22. But I didn't get any more details as to how to set this up in Su22 for my above requirement. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!