cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius and Live Office Scheduling - Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have couple of webi reports and i am using live office to insert data in to excel file and thus to xcelsius. All my webi reports are scheduled to run at midnight everyday.

On my xcelsius file the live office connections are set to refresh on load to get the updated information. My xcelsius file is taking 10 seconds to open with these live office connections set to refresh on load. If i dont have any of these connections set to refresh on load then it only takes 3 seconds to load. I want to achieve this performance of 3 secs.

Is it possible to schedule my xcelsius file (that is i want to load the updated webi report data onto the xcelsius file and generate a swf file before start of business. Is it possible to schedule this?

Any tips to improve performance?

Regards

Jith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you probably want to do is setting up Live Office to read data from a scheduled WebI instance.

Then everytime you do a LO refresh from the swf file, LO will retrieve data from the latest scheduled WebI instance.

Right click on the WebI object within Excel, from the refresh options tab select to refresh from the lastest instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have these set to look at the latest instance. I want to know if there is any way we can schedule an xcelsius file to generate a SWF file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check out "Xcelsius Publishing Plugin" at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/innovation-center. This is not a supported product, only a technology preview, but this is what you may want to use...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithendra,

IMO you cannot schedule xcelsius to generate swf files.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would have been better if BO has included this within the product so that we can use it in PROD. Hope they will do it asap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

i wanted to know that when i use live office and set the option to get data from a specific users last instance do i need to define a connection as well in the data manager and set to refresh on open. in this case will it hit the database or get from the instance. i am getting extreme slow performance. can you plase help i am new to xcelsuis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

i wanted to know that when i use live office and set the option to get data from a specific users last instance do i need to define a connection as well in the data manager and set to refresh on open. in this case will it hit the database or get from the instance. i am getting extreme slow performance. can you plase help i am new to xcelsuis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hunain,

After you have inserted the WEBI report in the excel file, go to live office object properties choose the object in left pane and go to refresh tab in the right and click edit, check the option which you have set is lates instance and the user in drop down is what you want.

In xcelsius file after you have imported the data(The above excel file) go to data - connections. I hope you have added your live office connection, if not say add live office connection and you shall see your live office connection. Check wether you hve set your session url. In usage tab, you shall choose Refresh on load.

This is process to view latest instance and performance vice it will not take more than 1 to 2 seconds per connection. If your dashboard is still slow, then i would say it is due to some thing else.

Viewing latest instance dosent run your WEBI report and hence shall not take longer. Refresh on load option might take longer time if your webi report is large and takes time to run.

In your xcelsius file, How many objects are you using? What is the size of your xlf file? Do have any Complex logic in your xcel file?

Regards,

Jithendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithendra,

Thanx for the solution. I had the same requirement for which i got the solution.

But the option for the latest instance is disabled. Can u suggest how can it be enabled?

And also what is difference between the two refresh options:

1. In the connection manager we have "Refresh on load of components"

2. In the Application Option in live office tab : "Refresh on document open"

Your valuable input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Anamika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kochra,

Can you please guide , how did you solve the Web Intelligence User specific report scheduling,So that the single dashboard ll pick up the latest instance of different User's Report separately.

Please suggest ,how to schedule the User specific report related to View latest Instance option in Dashboards?

Regards,

Venkat