cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario is like this we had given release indicator as 6 which can reset the release even document out put

Now the clints requirement is like even if qty is reduced then release has to for reset.

can anyone give the some put how it can be configured

Regards

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhir,

You can always maintain the % tollerance for which the release has to trigger. In your case, even though you are talking about the quantity change, but ultimately it would lead to overall PO price change. If you maintain the value change tollerance in % suitably in release indicator column, which ever you have chosen, and if you change the quantity then the release would definitely triger.

Regards,

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

If you can give some more clarity it would be helpful

the main concerned here if i give % then change in value then system should pop for error it should go for release reset.

Bye

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Quanityt changes involved change in value also and you can very well have an char as value for the rel procedure, but it will work only if the change is on higher side i.e if the current quanity is 10 and your value setting for the same is 2000 - 4000inr then if you are increasing the quanity to 15 it will work if the value is betwen the renages if you are reducing the quanityt afre release then it will not work. ofr that you need to have one more range in your char values so that ur rel stg gets activated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

System wont give any error in any case. Only thing can happen is either it would reset or wont. I hope you know the field I am talking about. For clarity: in release procedure, where we define the release indicator. As you are using 6, in the same line of 6 check for price change %. This field is used to give the tollerance for triggering the release. In your case it must be having some value, you need to clear it, so that the release gets triggered once you change the quantity.

At the same time please mind that this is a client wide change and would be applicable to all the document where the release indicator 6 is used.

Also I would like you to check whether the document you are referring where release not getting reset is going through this release indicator. That means, please ensure the release strategy applicable to this document has got this release indicator. Otherwise what ever changes you do would be useless.

For any concerns, please revert.

Regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

If you can give some more clarity it would be helpful

the main concerned here if i give % then change in value then system should pop for error it should go for release reset.

Bye

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

I checked % has been not given in release indicator column it is blanked.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Looking at the situation described by you, the release must trigger as the tollerance is blank. The client requirement is 100% standard. Release has to trigger with any change in PO which affect the PO price. Here I would like to know, what all are the charecteristics you are using for release. Ex: PO price

If you already have PO price as one of the charecteristic then there is something wrong elese where, in that case you may need to check for the user exits applied.

Regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sachin,

The charasterstics are co cd,plant,purchase org,purchase grp,value

Total there are 5 level release code has been configured,

if any user exit to be used let me know.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Debapriya answer for User Exit. You can use user exit M06E0004.

Thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The possibily is use user exit for release procedure.

Regards,

Andra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let me know the user exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try using user exit M06E0004, It will work for release strategy. Also you need to configure two separate strategy so that once it is released it can go to second strategy if there are any changes in the Po ( price increase or decrease).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The release strategy won't be reset in case the change involves reducing quantity as if document is released for say 10 quantity, it is also released for say 5 numbers. Still if you want that document should go for release even if quantity is reduced then you have to use User Exit in this case. And this requires some coding to be done from ABAP'er.

Hope it helps.

Thnx.