cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two files using BPM

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have two source files having same structure one for agents and one for carriers

country

enhancedusers----

> 3 fileds in the structure

basicusers

I have to club the two files together and produce a third file ,

Two files are sent simultaneously ..So will I require two channels for them ??

My BPM looks like this as i found on blog or do i need to have a fork ???

2 recieve steps , transformation step ,n send step

I will create two data types , two message types two service interfaces ( Outbound ) and two service interfaces (Abstract) For target I created 1 service interface ( abstract and inbound each). is it correct??

I want to know how many operations mappings i need to create????

I want to know how many reciever determinations and interface determinations are required for the same ???

please help ASAP

Regards

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know how many reciever determinations and interface determinations are required for the same ???

-

>>

You need 3 receiver determinations and each corresponding interface determinations

1. sender to BPM - for first file

2. sender to BPM - second file

3. BPM to Actual receiver - for output file

3 interface determinations are required, mentioning inbound interfaces....no need to mention interface mapping as it is specified in Transformation step in BPM

Ref.

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugdha,

Did u see tht blog carefully...

we need only 2 receiver determination..

and 2 interface determination..

Please don't confuse..

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Blog is illustrating example with single Receive step.....

Author of this post has mentioned, there will be 2 receive steps to receive 2 files.....hence case count goes to 3

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok folks .. Now tell me ..Do i need a fork step ?? I mean cant i directly add to recieve steps ,transform and send ..???

And for rcv determination Correct me if i m wrong !!

3 rcv determination

3 interface determinations

No need to specify Interface mapping

thnx

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u need fork with constant correlation.

But if u follow the link which has all screen shots...u don't need anyones help.

regards,

Manisha

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks manisha .. helpful blog indeed !!!

Will revert in case of queries

once again thank you pppl !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

better follow this one...

http://www.sap_technical.com/Tutorials/XI/BPM/Fork1.htm

Just remove "_" from tht link

Regards,

Manisha

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Steps -

Create 2 Source DT, 1 Target DT

Create 2 Source MT, 1 Target MT

Create 2 Outbound MI, 2 Abstract MI for Source MT, create 1 Inbound MI and 1 Abstract MI for Target MT.

Create Message Mapping. Insert 2 Outbound Source and One Inbound Target and MAp it whatever you want.

Create Interface mapping in same way as Message mapping only difference will be use Abstract interface in both sides.

Now go to BPM.

Create BPM with steps like this

Start -> Fork -> Two receive (define co relation)-> after fork Transformation step (Give IM) -> Receiver Dtrm -> Send -> end.

Configure ID -

Create 2 sender Agreement (2 communication channel (Bus Sys to IP )), 1 receiver agreement (1 CC, IP to Business System)

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know how many operations mappings i need to create????

only one operational mapping in which at source side u will have two message and at target only one

only one receiver determinationa and one interface determination

U can use fork(2 steps) to receiver two files in which correlation will have constant value.

Regards,

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Dahatonde on May 12, 2009 12:24 PM

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

only one operational mapping in which at source side u will have two message and at target only one

In operation mapping the interfaces involved will be abstract right ??

Please clarify the interfaces involved for reciever and interface determination ..

hey this is my first BPM object ....

thnx manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In operation mapping the interfaces involved will be abstract right ??

In operational Mapping u can have outbound interfaces.

Please clarify the interfaces involved for reciever and interface determination ..

hey Sorry...if ur using BPM then u need 2 receiver determination

1... Source to BPM

2...BPM to target

In ID u need to create Intergation process which will be used in receiver determination.

and abt interface determination...as ur specifing mapping in BPM(in IR)...i guess u need not to mention it

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a standard BPM pattern in sap basis http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns

BpmPatternCollectMultiIf. instead three u wil have two receiver...

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

if ur using BPM then u need 2 receiver determination

1... Source to BPM

2...BPM to target ?

In source I have two files coming in so I think i need two recvr determination for source to BPM and 1 for BPm to target .. and please tell me the interface determinations aso

thnx Ashish, Manisha

regards

Ninad

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

>> In operation mapping the interfaces involved will be abstract right ?? In operational Mapping u can have outbound interfaces. and abt interface determination...as ur specifing mapping in BPM(in IR)...i guess u need not to mention it.

A little bit of correction needed here.

First of all, it is necessary to provide operational mapping otherwise you won't be able to use Transform step. In transform step, it uses OM, and in OM you have to provide Abstract source and Target structure otherwise it won't work. Transform step, Uses OM and resolves MM. So u don't provide Message mapping anywhere in BPM. It is true that we can have Outbound and inbound interfaces in OM but in this case we have to use Abstract interface both side.

>>hey Sorry...if ur using BPM then u need 2 receiver determination

1... Source to BPM

2...BPM to target

for receiver determination, it will be 3 which will be from BS to IP (2) and IP to BS (Target 1). And 2 CC from Source side all from Business System to IP(Sender agreement) and 1 Receiver agreement. You are supposed to create 1 Interface Determination.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Edited by: Aashish Sinha on May 12, 2009 9:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Actually i mean the same tht in BPM (in IR), in transform step we are specifying operational mapping which also contains name of message mapping so we don't need to specify tht in interface determination.

Hi Ninad,

I guess now u must hv got confuse with all converstaion..so plz follow the link which i have give..but remove "_" from tht link present between sap_technical...it is saptechnical...

U need

1...2 sender agreement

2...1 receiver agreement

3...2 receiver determination

4...2 interface determination

Regards,

Manisha