Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release strategy

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Currently I have a request from our users that they want to prevent order release when the costs are above a certain amount. Only certain people should be allowed to release the order when the costs are above e.g. 5000.

Sounds to me like a release strategy that is most commonly used for Pr's and Po's. Does anybody know if this is also possible to set up for PM orders? Maybe a user-exit that i haven't found yet...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Peter Hageman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try this user exit IWO10002 PM maintenance order: Customer check for order release

Or

***********************************************************************************************************************

You can also have option to use the WBS for this.

Create the WBS which having PM project profile for perticulat task in your PM order execution.

Allocate the budget to the WBS and mauntain the WBS in Additional Tab of Order

Regards,

Rakesh

Edited by: RAKESH ASHOK MANE on May 12, 2009 8:40 AM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

My current answer towards the users is that they have to manage this outside SAP. Like Pete is saying, if users really want to , they can create small orders for a maintenance job which is actually a expensive one.

I like the solutions provided though. Very creative. WBS elements wouldn't work sinde then you would have to create a new WBS element for every order (budgetcheck for every WBS element/ Pm order).

The user exit is currently not active yet and i'm always in favour in using standard SAP. I will try the permit solution. Have to check how to set it up though.

Thank you all for your help!

Regards, Peter

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Form info on permits, search this forum (or SAPFans) using "CSEVPERMIT" or see the [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/b8/6cc5371e5db25fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

However, you can have the same issue with your users as desribed above.

PeteA

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help. eventually release strategy was not implemented, due to the fact it will never be full proof!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with this User-Exits IWO10033 - Customer-Specific Authorization Check PM/CS Order

regards,

Venkatesan Anandan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We did something a few years back using a combination of IWO10018 (enhancement tab - for authorisations levels) and IWO10002 (at order release - to reject release).

However, the users can be very resourceful by: planning a low value, releasing the order, then planning more costs... You need to take this into consideration when designing a solution.. NOTE: the same is true with permits.

PeteA

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please find the solution in standards:

"This method is used to automatically assign permits to MO based on maintenance activity types/planned cost of orders/actual cost of orders/estimated cost of orders....."

1.create ct04characteristicand maintain values or value ranges 10k-20k,30k-to40k of some range if your going to call permits on planning cost here in additional tab mention the tableCSEVPERMIT & any field names

ILART-Maintenance activity type

PKOSTEN for planning cost

USER4 for estimated cost

IKOSTEN for actual cost.

2.Create permit class and put the charc in permit class and for class type 049 maintain classification status in IMG.[Cross application components--> classification system->classes---->maintain object types and object keys(here plz read the note and maintain status for class type 049).

3.Create permits using IPMD and put category , order status and goto classification and maintain permit class and select particular charc value for that permit.

By the above process respective permits assume that you have given based on planned cost of the order get automatically assigned to the order,now you can maintain authorisation for the permit.Use eqpts which dont have permits and try this method......

Hope this might have met you requirement.

Plz try the same and let me know if you have any querries or no .If working give up points'''

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As of Now.... There is no release strategy to PM order , but you can provide the authorization to particular person to release the order. Means you can control release function for order by authorization contol.

You can also use permits to release the order... Like Create a permit for budgeting check... and it can be released by the person, who is authorized to release the permit..

Check out this post for any reference [earlier post|]

[Similar post|]

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In last project, we had done this

By Profile(User) wise you have to assign the release strategy for each strategy there will be the cost level.

Its nothing but Negatice testing.

regards,

Venkatesan Anandan