cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing regarding the exchange rates used in GR & IV.

For GRN Valuation the System is picking up the Exchange rate on the date

of GRN.

On Invoice Verification (MIRO) the rate on the posting date is picked

up.

The difference between the Grn Rate & Invoice Verification Rate is

getting added to material value, which is not complying to accounting

standards requirements. Instead this difference should go the exchange

difference account? How can we configure that? (WE use MVA for Control price)

Also we have configured our system under "IMG ---> Material Management ---> Logistics Invoice Verification ---> Incoming Invoices ---> Configure how exchange rate differences are treated "as BLANK

under our company code (Exchange rate diffences between GR and IR) under both Act & Ert.

The accounting standard in my country can not include exchange rate diff to stock & ideally it should always go to KDM or PRD account irrespective of stock coverage.

I want to know is there any configuration that i have missed ? In case it can be configured pls let me know.

Also in case it can not be configured are there any exit or badi through which it can be achieved.

Waiting for reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refers to the help text inside the "CCCurr" field:

Treatment of Exchange Rate Diffs. in Company Code Currency

Treatment of exchange rate differences in the company code currency.

Use

If you set this selection field then the settings in the ERD Setting column for this currency type are no longer relevant. The system calculates and posts exchange rate differences between order-related goods receipts and invoices not just for materials with standard price, but also for:

Materials with moving average priceAccount-assigned transactions

Planned delivery costs

The valuation of the inventories or consumption is effectively done at the exchange rate for the goods receipt, and not at the exchange rate of the invoice. When you post the good receipts, the fixed exchange rate from the purchase order is not used, but the translation of the purchase order values to local currency is always done at the posting date of the goods receipt.

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the important piece of info that the other respondents on your request missed, is that your materials have moving average price.

In that case, exchange rate differences never will be calculated or posted. Always the full Invoiced amount will be used to revalue the stock and change the moving average price by that. No separations of amounts that might origin from exchange rate differences are possible for moving average price.

The configuration entry you refer to applies only to standard price materials.

So, as you state that it is legally required that you do not activate the exchange rate differences into stock, you have only the option to change your materials to standard price, possibly in conjunction with material ledger. But even material ledger would by default use the separately collected values of exchange rate differences to revalue stocks at period end.

best regards, Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enter and review the process with next configuration:

- Path: Materials Management --> Logistics Invoice verificaction --> Incoming Invoice --> Configure How Exchenge Rate Differences are treated

ERD setting = Blank (Exchange rate differences between GR and IR)

CCCurr = Active

With this configuration you'll receive the exchange difference in KDM account instead of BSX or PO account, no matter the price control of the material or service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with KDG account key. it is not trigerring.

Pls suggest are there any config missing or any user exit/ badi available for this purpose.

Lukey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SAP Note 980402 deals with your requirement. You can configure, KDM , KDF, KDG, postings if you are on a release higher that 602.

If not then the note will have to be implemented.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ask user to maintain the Exchange rate in PO when user enters the Customs and CVD values.

When Customs MIRO is made,maintained PO values only gets reflected.

The MIRO value gets reflected during MIGO.

When u make the Vendor MIRO,make sure u enter the Exchange value at the header screen first and then enter the PO number.(after entering the PO number,u cant change the exchange rate)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Miantain seperate G/L account in OBYC For KDG transaction key.

Check and Revert.

Regards,

Andra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The Exchange rate in MIGO,Normally Effects in the following way.

First thing is the rate maintained against the dcoument type of MIGO

in OBF4--against the Fi GRN Document .check the Default Exchange Rate.

if it is M .

it is Maintained in OB08.

so by this we can control..

Hope so i am clear

Regards

Anjanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i was not clear in specifying the problem.

There may be some days gap in between taking the GR & doing MIRO.

Suppose at the time of taking GR the conversion rate was @50 Rs/$.

So if I did the Gr for 100 qty @ 2 $/ unit rate then entry posted will be like that

BSX 100250 = 10,000 Rs.

WRX = - 10,000 Rs.

If at the time of doing MIRO the conversion rate becomes @ 55 Rs/ $ then the entry passes like below if there are sufficient stock coverage.

KBS 100255= 11,000 Rs.

WRX = -10,000 Rs

BSX ( 100255 -10, 000) = 1000 Rs.

My requirement is to pass the differential entry either in PRD or KDM instead of BSX all the time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In obyc maintain the account in Transaction KDG. This is where the account exchange rate differnce to be posted in MM is maintained. try out this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to post exchange rate differences in KDM or PRD only.

Also i had tried with configuration IMG ---> Material Management ---> Logistics Invoice Verification ---> Incoming Invoices ---> Configure how exchange rate differences are treated " as "N: No exchange rate differences, only price differences" under Act tab. But it is also not working.

Any idea how this configuration works ?