cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Assigning the Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem in Assigning the Business System at Configuration when I am trying to configure the Communication Channel. I had created two Software Components and also Two Technical Systems (Third Party) and Business System and I imported the SWC into repository and done with the design and now I am not able to Configure, can anyone help me out as this is very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Clear the SLD Data cache by the menu (environment) of IB Configuration.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You have to have business systems in the configuration to start with. Either u can create your own business service or use the business systems that u would have created in the SLD.

For assigning a business system u have to go to Service without party--->Business System

Right click that and click on Assign Business System. then use the wizard to add the created business system from SLD.

Sometimes if the business systems are not reflected from the SLD, then just refresh the SLD cache, by goining into the Environment menu and click on 'Clear SLD Data cache'

Hope it solves ur problem.

Cheers

Sunita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

I did that, still I couldn't assign the Bussiness System, I can see my Business System in Cache Notifications under Integration Server (Apache Cache) with successful status. Could you please help

Thanks

Andy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Have you assigned the Business System to some other configuration scenario?

If yes, then go to Objects> Business System> slect your business System --> Add to scenario.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

No I didn't assign gto any scenario. Do you think there is any problem while creating the Techinal and Business Systems.

Thanks,

Andy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are u able to see the business systems in Configuration. This can be seen by Assigning Business Systems under Service without Party. If not clear your SLD by SLD Cache Refresh.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I did , still I couldnt ....

Andy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

check the status of the connection with the System Landscape Directory with transaction SLDCHECK.

Clear the SLD cache after this check and see if it works.

Regards,

bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 options to refresh the cache-

Integration Directory->Environment->Clear SLD Data Cache

Another way is -go to SXI_CACHE / Goto - Business System -> delete the content

Still , if you are not able to see the Business sytem in the Directory, the just go and check in the SLD. If it exists just change and save it.

Then synchronise the same by SLD cache refresh as mentiond.

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did, still I couldn't

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi andy

do you mean to say that u can see the created business systems(BS) when u r trying to assign them in configuration and still not able to assign them??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy-

I too have the same problem now,but i got it resolved.What i did is i removed my business system from my SLD and created it again with little bit different name and then went to the configurator,cleared the SLD cache and then tried to assign the business system and i was able to see my new business system.

But could someone tell me/us if that is o.k to do,or will it affect something else?

Hope this helps.

Venkat

Message was edited by: Venkat Yalamanchili

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

No I am not able to see the Business System itself which I created, let me try Venkats solution...

Thnx

Andy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Check if you have created you business system according to the steps given here, maybe you missed out on something.

Configuring a Business System

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/e3bd4f6b61e146ad1384954ecabb41/content.htm

Defining a Business System as a Service

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3e/60653f0c9fa075e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Chandra

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Do what is suggested in this thread and see if your problem is solved.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I have problem in Assigning the Business System at Configuration when I am trying to configure the Communication Channel</i>

You should assign the business system that you created to your scenario in integration directory.

Right click on business system, and select "assign business system". Now create the business system.

Only after this can you go ahead and create your communication channel.

Further, you could also use a business system, that has been created in another SWCV using "add to scenario"

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Go to Service without Party->Right Click->Assign Business System->it will show you list of Business Systems created in SLD -> then go ahead

Once you assigned the Buisness System, then go and create the Communication Channels.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy