Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up of the roll area by program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

My customer is running a program by a communication user which accesses functionality via RFC. This program runs a whole week.

In some cases this program allways has access to old data. This comes probably from buffering information in functional groups which are held for this long time in the roll area.

Off course the customer tried to find for each functional group an initialization module to clean it up, but there is still information left sometimes.

It is not possible, to suspend the login of the communication user after an access, because its outside requesters would wait too long on a new login.

Therefore: Is there any chance, to clean up the roll area from a running program and to clear everything, the program has cumulated in variables of the functional groups it has called without exiting the program itself?

Thanks a lot for any hints.

Axel

Message was edited by: Axel Kullmann

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this will clear the roll area, but you can use the "BYPASSING BUFFER" addition to re-select data:

SELECT * FROM SPPROD INTO WA_SPPROD BYPASSING BUFFER 

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rob, but the problem is not a buffer. The problem are variables in the external modus encapsulated in functional groups of the standard. Some of them provide functionmodules to clear/init them. Others do not or we did not find them until now.

My suggestion i try now is, to write a shell around the customers function. A new function will call a new transaction. This new transaction will call the existing function and will pass their result via memory to the new function. After the call transaction all the variables of the transaction are killed while in the existing solution the calling program is running for a whole week and does not forget whatever its called standard functional groups have in mind.

I am curious about if this will solve the problem.

Axel