Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction and its Transaction Variant

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am pretty new to this... I have a requirement to create a transaction variant for VD01 T.code (Create Customer)

After following the steps in SHD0, I was very well able to create a transaction-variant: ZXVD01 by hiding few screen fields, defaulting values, hiding tabs etc. I've also assigned a variant-transaction ZXVD01.

Now, my expectations was that std. transaction VD01 continues to work the way it is provided by SAP, where as the new transaction variant ZXVD01 works as directed (hidden fields, screens etc).

What I see is even VD01 (std. transaction) has all those changes I created for its variant ZXVD01 !!

Is it the way it works? if not, how can I restrict the screen changes only to variant while let VD01 work as it was?

Thanks,

regards,

Aabhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai , abhas

if u create a transation variant for a transaction the standard variant takes from the transaction variant

what ever settign u have doen it wil be reflected in standard

regards

afzal

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I understand, but is there any way to avoid this to happen?

Such that, I have a transaction variant of my own and the std transaction runs as it is...

I m not sure of the settings on the first tab of SHD0 "Standard Variants"

Thanks,

Aabhas

former_member222860
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try, by copying the Std transaction VA01 to ZVA01 using Tcode SE93 and make changes on the copied one.

Thanks\

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai ,

u can create a transaction for standard trx and while creating it select the radio button Transaction with variant ( transacion variant ) , and give ur transaction variant , and the standard transcation wil pick the standard variant

regards

afzal

aabhas_wilmar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Afzal,

I am not quite getting you...

I have a Transacation Variant: ZXVD01

I have also created a Variant Transaction using SE93, and selecting 4th radio button "Transaction with variant (variant transaction)"

Transaction code         ZXVD01

Transaction             VD01
Transaction variant     ZXVD01

When I ran std transaction VD01 and checked the status, it has following info:

Transaction          VD01
_Transaction variant  ZXVD01_
Program (screen)     SAPMF02D
Screen number        7000
Program (subscreen)  SAPLSZA1
Screen number        301
Program (GUI)        SAPMF02D
GUI status           700V

Can we stop this transaction-variant from getting applied to std. transaction?

Edited by: Aabhas K Vishnoi on May 12, 2009 3:22 PM