Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit for VA21 - Opportunity Number Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I need to retrieve or do some checking on the Opportunity Number Header Text if this is filled or not when creating an invoice/quotation. I've already done this for the checking on VA23, I used FM read_text and it works. But for the checking on VA21, I can't retrieve the text. This is because FM read_text requires

1. ID - TDID

2. Language - SPRAS

3. Name - Doc Num

4. Object - TDOBJECT

and for VA21 since it technically still doesn't have a document number it can't read the text.

Is there any temporary table/structure where the text is saved, where I can retrieve the text?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are checking the header text in a program (Use exit/BAdi) before saving the document right? I have also faced the same scenario for tcode ME21N and ME22N. I resolved the issue in a BAdi .

Before saving the document the text is available for ls_name = space. i.e name = ls_name.

And the same text is available after saving the document for name = ls_name = Document number.

Try with this.

CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT'

EXPORTING

client = sy-mandt

id = l_wa_textid_hdr-tdid

language = sy-langu

name = ls_name

object = l_wa_textid_hdr-tdobject

TABLES

lines = it_lines

EXCEPTIONS

id = 1

language = 2

name = 3

not_found = 4

object = 5

reference_check = 6

wrong_access_to_archive = 7

OTHERS = 8.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried what you suggested (using ls_name = space) but it still didn't work. It still can't retrieve the text.