cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM - Record merging in MDM Import Manager

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! This question is focus on the SRM-MDM catalog repository.

I know there is a configuration option to merge source record using key field. So, I tested with 2 records of the same data except with differences in the lead time. I noticed that records have been merge and the lead time from the last record has been used for the update.

However, if I test with the same 2 records but with different prices (which is qualified table), the system will add both entries in the price information field and that causes a problem when we try to shop. I tested with the 'Merge qualified links with the matching qualifier' option turned on but it didn't make any difference.

Is there anyway for the system to at least not update 2 entries in the price information field of the record? I am hoping that it will merge and update the latest entry there.

Appreciate any clarification on this.

Thanks!

SF

Edited by: SF on May 12, 2009 1:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from what I understand you want to do, you have to set another qualified update option. For that, right-click on the non-qualifier (Price) in the field mapping, click on Set Qualified Update and select the appropriate option.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks very much. I missed out this part of the setting. I also noted that depending on whether I have any qualified fields for matching, I will need to set the configuration options 'Merge qualified links using matching qualifiers' accordingly. For example, if I have matching qualifier set up, then I need this to be turned on.

Answers (0)