cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove empty rows... (Date related)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my query selection I have to select all records that has finish date less than current date. But some of the finish dates are 00/00/0000. How can I remove this from the result set from displaying it on the detail?. Bex does not allow variable with Between option where from date is '01/01/2001' to zvar_date. In other words Icannot mix constant and variable in a range selection.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can mix constant and variable in a range selection while selecting values for the valriable.

Like, From date is fixed and the user will be allowed to select a To date at runtime.

1.Open that Variable in Query Designer.

2.Go to "Details" tab,select the value "Interval" for "Variable Represents"

3.Go to "Default Values" tab,Click "Change Default Values"

4.Select "Value Ranges" in Show Drop down

5.Select "Equal" from the drop down and set the value of date "01.01.2001",click OK and click OK of Display Variable dialog

Here you made the variable as "Interval" and set only one value which is "01.01.2001".

Now in the variable screen dialog,click the value help of that variable and select "Value Ranges",you will see one "from" date value "01.01.2001" and "to" value will be empty where the user can enter the value dynamically.

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The user will enter the date (TO date) whihc is a mandatory variable. So you cannot mix variable and a constant from date. I have already done this and closing this question.

Thanks,

Alex.