SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumable Budget in FMRP_RW_BUDCON report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I looked into FMRP_RW_BUDCON (Overview of Budget Consumption), as we know, normally it has four column: Consumable Budget, Consumed Budget, Available Amount, Current Budget.

In case of consumable budget, those amounts might be coming from FMPLCPD (Change Plan Data) transaction or FMCYPREP (Generate Planning Data) or FMBB (Budgeting Workbench) in our system.

And we can see the amount in consumable budget column that posted through FMBB (Budgeting Workbench) transaction even though its status is just budgeted not released.

Is that correct?

I think the consumable budget must be composed of the released amount that posted through FMBB (Budgeting Workbench) transaction.

Don't you think so?

Thanks.

BR,

Chris Kim

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Consumable Budget is the budget data posted to ledger 9H (presumably you did not define your own AVC ledger). Consumed Budget is the commitment and actual data posted to ledger 9H (with the same assumption). Current Budget is the budget data posted to ledger 9F. So, check your BCS ledger configuration for 9H and 9F and you will be able to come up with the answer.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

We've met again. ^^

I think this problem is related to the customizing at Budget Control System (BCS) > Availability Control > Settings for Availability Control Ledger > Define Filter Settings for Budget Values > Define the Consumable Budget.

There is a field for Value Type Selection at that sceen.

Do you happen to know what the correct meaning or role of this field is?

Originally, it was blank so there had been no problem on consumable budget at FMRP_RW_BUDCON - Overview of Budget Consumption report.

Namely, the consumable budget only comes from released amounts.

But, as you may remember, I had some problem on the carryforwrd of budget linked commitment.

Then, I have changed it from blank to "B" so the carryforward problem is solved after that change.

Even though the carryforward problem has been solved with this customizing change, I got new problem like above at FMRP_RW_BUDCON - Overview of Budget Consumption report.

Could you help me with solving these two problems simultaneously?

Thank you for your help.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes, you are right. When you enter 'B' in that setting, value type B1, which is 'budget', no matter released or not, will update the consumable budget in the AVC ledger.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hello Ming,

Thank you for your update.

I think "Value Type Selection" should be blank in our case because we have to manage budgeting phase and released phase separately.

However, when I set "Value Type Selection" as blank, there is a problem in budegt carryforward.

Do you know how I can carryforward our budget with commitment amount simultaneously when I run FMJ2 transaction with availability control "Check"?

As you know, there is no problem if I run FMJ2 transaction with availability control "Update without Check".

Thank you for your help.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If you leave that field blank, whether the budget types are updating the cosumable budget is depending on the configuration of budget types. So, check under spro > public sector management > funds management government > BCS > budgeting > basic settings > definition of budget data > budget types > define budget type for consumable budget. Check whether you have defined any Fund Type or Fund dependent setting. If you have, then you want to make sure the fund type for the carryforward process is properly included.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Dear Ming,

Thank you so much for your reply.

As you mentioned, there was a configuration for fund type at "define budget type for consumable budget" transaction.

Then, I have deleted this entry because it is not necessary.

But, unfortunately, I still got the same error message after above deletion.

BR,

Chris Kim

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The mentioned configurations are inter-related. If you do not configure 'Define Budget Type for consumable Budget', you will need to specify 'B' for value type selection in the AVC ledger filter setting. And vise versa, if you leave value type selection blank for the filter setting, you will need to configure 'Define Budget Type for Consumable Budget Type'.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hello Ming,

Thank you for your update.

As I told you, I think ' ' for value type selection in the AVC ledger filter setting is correct for our cases.

Then, I have added some configurations for "Define Budget Type Groups" in "Define Budget Type for Consumable Budget" configuration.

However, there is no entries in "Define Budget Type for Consumption per Fund Type" and "Define Budget Type for Consumption per Fund" because we don't use fund type and fund function.

When I ran FMJ2 transaction with availability control option "Check" under above changed environment, I still got the same availability control error message.

This error dirves me crazy. ^^

Thank you again for your help.

BR,

Chris Kim