cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRSA CC 4.0 to SAP GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are moving from VIRSA CC 4.0 to SAP GRC 5.3.

While The mitigating controls can be download from CC 4.0 and then uploaded to GRC 5.3 without any issues, how do I make sure that the rule set used in VIRSA CC 4.0 (Custom changes made to the original Vanilla Rule set delivered) is moved to SAP GRC 5.3? Is there any way I can compare the Rule sets in CC 4.0 and GRC 5.3?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateshwara,

Do you have one or multiple Compliance Calibrator 4.0 systems? If there is one, you can directly migrate the rules to 5.3. In case you have multiple backend sysntems you have to create a logical system to group the Compliance Calibrator 4.0 rules together.

For more information, see the SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 Application Help at help.sap.com and refer to the section on Logical Systems. It is bfeifed nicely there.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have only one CC system. I am assuming that SAP delivers its own Rule set along with SAP GRC 5.3 tool. Is there an option to remove those rule sets and load the rule set from my CC 4.0 system. We are migrating from VIRSA CC 4.0 to SAP GRC 5.3 and wanted to use the old rule sets from CC 4.0. We have been using CC for a while now and had made changes to the originally delivered Vanilla rule set for CC 4.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP delivers standard ruleset along with AC5.3. But these ruleset file you have to import manually. You can easily export your own ruleset from CC4.0 system and import into AC5.3 system.

If you have any confusion then please let me know.

Thanks,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip:

So you mean to say is 'Instead of importing the standard SAP rule set that comes with AC 5.3, we can export the rule set from CC 4.0 and then import them to AC 5.3'.

Can you confirm this please?

Also, once after importing looks like there is no way to verify if we have imported them properly, unless we extensively test them. Am I right or is there any way of comparing the pre and post importing rule set values.

Thank you guys for answering my queries.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You only want import your changed originally delivered Vanilla rule set for CC 4.0 into GRC AC5.3. So, where is the confusion? And there is no way to compare pre and post importing rule set values. But you can check it manually.

Regards,

Sudip