cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Technical Architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone come cross the technical architecture document for all SAP Netweaver components? SAP provides installation guide for each Netweaver component which have pretty good example of the technical architecture view. But I haven't seen any tech. arch. document connect all the dots.

Thanks,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny and Abhishek,

Thank you for the response. I will check out the help files. Just to clarify - my intention is not to put a huge picture together. I want to see things like, for example installation options - does XI have to be on a different server? can it be installed on the MDM server? what is SAP's recommendation if the company want to implement the whole NetWeaver product suites? It is difficult to decide what you can and can't do when you try to put a tech arch doc together for multiple NetWeaver components.

Thanks,

Richard

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is something to answer directly:

- does XI have to be on

> a different server?

XI itself usually is sitting on different servers, once its getting a little bigger. You can see that from their architecture easily.

However, it is possible to install NetWeaver completely on one machine. But this seldomly makes sense, if ever.

can it be installed on the MDM

> server?

This really depends.

what is SAP's recommendation if the company

> want to implement the whole NetWeaver product suites?

This is very individual and depending.

> It is difficult to decide what you can and can't do

> when you try to put a tech arch doc together for

> multiple NetWeaver components.

Well, we're on the way. A couple of years from now I guess you will see a single installation that always has complete NetWeaver in it (due to growth of memory in general), because then the ressources are cheaper then the effort to do different installations.

Regards,

Benny

>

> Thanks,

> Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Please download the SAPNetweaver Develope Studio and go through the help documentation provided in it. You would get good examples of technical architecture view of the same.

Regards

Abhishek

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

well, the overall picture would be quite big. Usually you can see parts of different technologies in architectures of all parts. Putting them all together leads either to inefficient large or smaller but less meaningfull pictures.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai benny

this my doubt........

we wont get any block daigram of overall view of netweaver architecture ................ just to point out the major components of netweaver for an enterprise ......