cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dtw and quotation marks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all -

Is there a way to upload through the DTW without getting unwanted quotation marks? I'm uploading an item description into a UDF that has commas that I want to keep. To do this I'm uploading a Tab-delimited file. The description comes in ok except the DTW adds quotes.

Example of what I uploaded in a tab-delimited file:

With sturdy construction, a generous cut and soft garment washing, our Value Denim shirt won't stretch your budget. 6.5-ounce, 100% cotton, double-needle stitching. Button-down collar; patch pocket with tuck-in tail.

Is there an easy way around this? I'm having to go into each size/color for this item and copy/paste the description into the field. Very time-consuming.

Thanks for your help,

Shelby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Shelby Behrens !

Try this,

1.Convert your (save) XL file as Tab Delimited.

2. Open the Tab file.

3. Press Ctrl+A

4.Press Ctrl+H

5. type "(Double quatos) in find field.

6. Do'nt type anyting in replace field.

7. click replace all.

8. save the once again.

9. Now, import the TAB file through DTW.

Regards,

Thanga Raj.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that took care of it.

Shelby

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this Note 1259045 - Importing files containg quotation marks

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

DTW is adding the Quotes because of the commas, I have not yet to find a way around that yet.

I always remove commas and quotes when building import files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean is completely remove all quotation marks. Try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to replace all quotation marks with Null value in any text editor before DTW?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give me a bit more explanation? Are you saying I should format my field as follows:

NULLWith sturdy construction, a generous cut and soft garment washing, our Value Denim shirt won't stretch your budget. 6.5-ounce, 100% cotton, double-needle stitching. Button-down collar; patch pocket with tuck-in tail.NULL

I'm guessing there's more to it than that. Can you show me how the field should lay out?

Thanks,

Shelby