cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUD from XI to Sender SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured ALEAUD in Integration server. When there is an error ( sa incorect RFC Destination of Receiver), an ALEAUD message type iDoc is sent back to the sender SAP System. But i noticed that the iDoc has only data in the segment E1STATE ( with data status, statxtstamid). But the segments E1AHDHR and E1PRTOB are empty. The acknoledgement idoc doesnt contain any reference to the message( like the message ID) which has gone for an error. It just contains error text.

Could someone please let me know how this is possible and whether i missed out any configurations.

Thanks & Regards,

Vani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

ALEAUD need at least following fields to be filled:

E1ADHDR/MESTYP: original message type

E1ADHDR/E1STATE/DOCNUM: original IDoc number

E1ADHDR/E1STATE/STATUS: 68 in case of error, 53 in case of success

E1ADHDR/E1STATE/STATXT: Short description for R/3 user what has happend

Regards,

Udo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I ask my questions, please note I do have a copy of the "How To Handle Acknowledgements for IDoc" How To Guide. I just need some clarification from the group.

Here are my questions:

1. XI will not send a positve acknowledgement/status to let the sender system know it made it to XI ok, correct?

2. The only status that XI itself will initiate will be if there is a techncial issue with XI, correct? (Granted the Receiver system could send a positive or negative status back to Sender System) I just want to make sure that XI will not send a status back to Sender System that equates to "Triggering EDI subsystem OK" (or something like that)

3. How does the status of an idoc get set to 12 from 03? Does that mean that I always have the program RBDMOIND configured when I am interfacing to XI in order to force the status from 03 to 12?

4. As a norm, are those who are using XI seeing a 12 status on the Sender System IDoc Status?

5. If a techical issue error occurs in XI, what specific error status will be sent back to the Sender System?(if at all) I am looking for an example status number of what to expect.

6. If we are doing SAP R/3 to a partners XI system directly and that partner does not have RBDSTATE configured on their SAP R/3 environment and there is nothing else on their XI system for ALEAUD processing, I am out of luck in determining if the IDoc actually made it to their XI system, correct?

7. The Configure Scenario 2 in the document How To Handle Acknowledgements for IDoc" How To Guide should allow us to determine "did the Idoc get to that Server" correct?

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario my Receiver is also SAP system.

So i wanted to know if i need to make any more configurations to have all the segments of ALEAUD filled while i get an ALEAUD idoc to the sender system?

I have followed all the steps in

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vani, i had the same problem: i successfully managed to receive ALEAUD IDocs from System Acknowledgments issued by a File Adapter but the field DOCNUM in segment E1STATE was missing and so the outbound IDoc's status wasn't updated accordingly.

After 2 weeks looking for the answer in SDN and finding only links and incoherent answers i started debugging XI pipeline and managed to find the method where the ALEAUD IDoc is built and discovered that there's no line of code setting the value for DOCNUM.

More details:

Class name: CL_IDX_IDOC_SERVICE

Method: BUILD_ALEAUD_IDOC

Missing code (somewhere between lines 70 and 130):

L_E1STATE-DOCNUM = L_CONTEXT-DOCNUM

Hope that helps....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face the same problem currently, we are on PI 7.0 SP13. I implemented the SAP Not 828277 but still the ALEAUD IDOC doesnt contain the DOCNUM.

Nicolas, I agree with your analysis that 'L_E1STATE-DOCNUM = L_CONTEXT-DOCNUM' is missing in the code. But, is there any correction note for it? How did you fix the issue?

I also see a comment in the method BUILD_ALEAUD_IDOC, line 130

* docnum of request IDoc is set later
  l_edi_dd40-sdata = l_e1state.
  APPEND l_edi_dd40 TO t_edi_dd40.

I was wondering if there is any other place where the DOCNUM is supposed to be set. What do you say?

I appreciate your inputs.

thx in adv

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I learnt from Nicolas that the [SAPNote 1080084|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1080084] does the trick. I applied the note and it works like a charm!!

Thanks a ton, Nicolas.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

I have only changed table IDXNOALE inorder to enable receving acknowledgements.

When i try an error( say incorect RFC destination) i am geting an ALEAUD idoc in my sender by as mentioned ony E1STATE segment is filed. E1ADHDR is empty.This will not give me any proper link to the message.

So, do i need to do any configurations at XI or sender system to have the segments filled?

Thanks

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vani,

Just have a look into this blog-/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

Hope this helps,

Moorthy

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is some bug in SP12. So you must apply several notes or upgrade your SPS.

See : 828277

Best regards,

Chris

Message was edited by: Christophe DUMONT