cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF documents get ZZZ extension in Filenet

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to archive outbound documents from a 4.7 SAP system to Filenet and when the document is transferred to Filenet it shows up with a file extension of .zzz.

We are using ACSAP v2.1. We have configured the SAP system as outlined in the connector documentation. The Filenet consultant believes that the problem is in the SAP configuration, but I believe I have looked through all the archivelink configuration in SAP and can't find anything.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and can advise how to resolve?

Thanks in advance!

Becky Sander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be taking on the default pdf application type. Try checking in transaction DC30 to see what application types are associated with PDF.

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I look in DC30, I see that the PDF application has the following settings:

file suffix for appl.: pdf

file format: *.pdf

mime type: application/pdf

The start authorization and content version checkboxes are marked and the others are all unchecked.

If I go into the define workstation application in network area, I see the data carrier type is 'zz' and the path with prog. name is %auto& and the path for ref. file is c:\temp. I presume these settings are more for retrieving the document back for viewing than the storage.

I have to admit that all of this is pretty unfamiliar to me. Could the mime type be impacting me and if so, where can I go to get more information on it?

Becky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is more than one application type in dc30 using PDF. Its likely there is another one which the system is using by default.

It doesn't have to be called PDF, it could have any name

Edited by: Athol Hill on May 13, 2009 12:07 AM

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response. I am not sure what you are asking. The below are all the entries I have in DC30. The only one that looks like it would be dealing with pdf to me is the one labelled PDF. Any ideas?

ACD Autocad

AVI Movie Clip A2

CMS CAD Document A2

DOC Word doc *.doc

EXE Executable files A2

GIF GIF Anzeige A2

HTM Html htm .html

INT Internet Site A2

JPG JPEG jpg *.jpg

JT 3D CAD Neutral Formt

MPP MS Project mpp *.mpp

PDF Adobe Acrobat pdf *.pdf

PLT HPGL Anzeige

PPT MS Powerpoint ppt *.ppt

TIF TIFF Anzeige

TXT Text txt .txt

WMF Windows Meta File *.wmf

XLS Excel Spreadsheets xls *.xls

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Just a thought but not sure:

It could be because of the document class association with mime types association for PDF. Try transaction OAD2 to see if doc class PDF is associated with mime type application/pdf.

Following link also could be of some help:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/data/cm/filenet/docs/sapdoc/51x/Installation_And_Configuration_Manual-Server.pdf

and i hope you have maintained proper configuration in OAC2 and OAC3 maintaining the document type with proper document class (in this case PDF).

Hope this helps,

Naveen

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, OAD2 has application/pdf. I have also tried application/vnd.pdf within 0AD2.

Yes, OAC2 and OAC3 have been maintained. We use OpenText for some of our other businesses, so I am familiar with updating these.

Do you know where I can better understand what a mime type is and what it all does?

Becky

Former Member
0 Kudos

OAD and OAC transaction relate to ArchiveLink integration which is a separate area of SAP. I wouldn't play with these settings as they won't have much affect unless you are trying to configure a scanning scenario for accounts payable or HR.

The document type configuration found in DC30 is for SAP DMS integration which is a separate module to ArchiveLink.

What I meant is if you go into TCODE DC30, select all the document types and then select print to screen. It should show you a view in a table like format which should allow you to see if there is a zzz entry for one of the application types.

EDIT - Just had a look at your last post and it seems like you have done exactly that.

Are you trying to integrate with DMS or ArchiveLink

Edited by: Athol Hill on May 13, 2009 12:14 AM

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to integrate to Filenet via Archivelink.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then its should be an issue in OAC2. You need to check the doc type there and ensure that the correct application type is setup against it. You may also want to check OAG4 to see that its setup to use multiple application types for each doc type if you set it up as .

Edited by: Athol Hill on May 13, 2009 12:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Refer to page number 107 in the document, it gives an idea about mime types ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/data/cm/filenet/docs/sapdoc/51x/Installation_And_Configuration_Manual-Server.pdf

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on this please?

I am also facing the same issue with Print List (ALF) documents archiving in FileNet. For print list I am getting the mimetype as "application/x-alf-descr" where as it should be "application/x-alf" only. For this the document type is not matching and probably for no match the document type is "ZZZ" instead of "ALF".

Any help on this please?

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

This problem has not been resolved yet. I have opened a message with SAP but have not received a resolution yet.

What is interesting is that we just brought up an ECC 6.0 box and the documents will come properly from that system with the correct document class.

The ECC 6.0 system was an upgrade of our existing development box, so all the configuration matches between my 4.7 system and the ECC 6.0 system. There must be something behind the scenes on the SAP side impacting this and I don't feel it is an issue with Filenet.

If I get resolution, I will update this post. If anyone has any ideas, I sure would like to hear them!

Thanks,

Becky

becky_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Upgrading to ECC 6.0 resolved having the documents show as type ZZZ.