cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers in deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using serial numbers in deliveries.

I configured to make it work in deliveries both inbound and outbbound.

When I create a delivery for a standard order and i enter the serial number it works fine.

If the part is spoilt and customer returns it i bring it on an RE delivery and i can enter the same serial number.

The problem is if i send the part back on a warranty or free of charge delivery it wont let me use the same serial number.

I can only use it twice.

How can i make it to be used again and again?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do the return sales transaction then, the movement type for return sales will post the material with the serial numbers in the blocked/returned stock. So first you do the transfer posting from blocked/returned stock to unrestricted use stock and you continue with your process. It will work.

Regards

Rajkumar K

You cannot use the same serial number again and again since the serial numbers are used to track the part for life time.

Edited by: K Rajkumar on May 12, 2009 8:57 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction code VOV8 it will help you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain Delivery types for Return goods and assign number range in 0VLK against the delivery type. I hope this will help to resolve your problem.

Regards

Param

Former Member
0 Kudos

I transfered the returns to unrestricted and that did not work.

I checked the sales orders and the deliveries but nothing works.

I cant even look in IE03.

the message i get it:

System status EDEL is active (EQU 10094412)

System status ELOK is active (EQU 10094412)

Serial number 901234100 cannot be used here

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the status of Serial number , it should be available for delivery only then you can able to give for warrenty or Free of charge delivery.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You check at IE03 for the status of the serial number . when the goods moved out of company warehouse , the serial numebr status will be different .

Thanks

RK