cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC-ODBC bridge for MSSQL database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have SAP 2 MSSQL synchronous scenario and I need to select data from MS SQL 2005 database located on the remote system via XI 3.0. The database provides only ODBC access. I am using JDBC receiver and I would like to use sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver as a driver. I searched this forum, but the most of threads describe, how to connect to MS Access database, which is not my case. I used XI JDBC/FTP connection Test and XML Validation Application described in SAP Note 1085539 to test it. I used the following settings:

Driver Class (fully qualified) sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

JDBC URL jdbc:odbc:Driver://<host IP>;databaseName=<name>

User Name my username

Password my password

I got the following error:

Exception Occurred : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

-

Exception Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115)

My questions are: Is it possible to use sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver in this scenario? If so, what should I put as JDBC URL? Do I need to create DSN on the XI system? (it is a Windows NT based machine).

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you already deployed the drivers (msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar) ??

If so,

The JDBC drivers should be:

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

And the connection should be:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:1433;DatabaseName=name

else

For the drivers:

http://developers.sun.com/product/jdbc/drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, when the remote SQL server provides only ODBC access? I thought that JDBC-ODBC bridge is needed... Thus I deployed sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what ever came of this?

I am trying to connect from PI to SQL Server and everything seems right, there are no errors, but there is no connection to database server. I am wondering if it is an ODBC-only database and I need some sort of bridge.

Thanks,

Keith