Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction BP

0 Kudos

We are currently giving users access to BP in a display mode, but users must have access to XD02 to be able to get into BP. We have tried many things and have not found a solution, does anyone know how to give transaction BP in a display mode?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this moment I do not have a straight forward answer but to help you find one (and maybe you can find one yourself after some research) I would like to know why you want to give display access to BP.

What is the exact business requirement?

Which information do the users need?

Have you investigated alternative transactions?

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this moment I do not have a straight forward answer but to help you find one (and maybe you can find one yourself after some research) I would like to know why you want to give display access to BP.

What is the exact business requirement?

Which information do the users need?

Have you investigated alternative transactions?

0 Kudos

-The exact business requirement is that the user's need access to display the BP Credit Management role, but they should not be able to change anything in BP which we have given. But in the background the user must have XD02 or they are not even able to get through BP, they get a message you are not authorized to use transaction XD02

-We have tried only giving XD03 did not work we tried just using UKM_BP which is the transaction that takes you straight into BP with the correct role and that does not work either.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

You can try to maintain this in SE97 if it is only the tcode which is the problem, but it does not work for all transaction combinations.

Some scenarios are strict when the calling tcode is not known. If you are in the screen program and want to make another step (or populate and skip the screen) then it will check the tcode again as at that point sy-tcode is XD02.

Have you debugged it. Is this the case?

Cheers,

Julius

BTW: I am assuming that you are using a transaction iView from a EP. Perhaps you can explain the scenario to make it clearer?

Edited by: Julius Bussche on May 11, 2009 10:48 PM

0 Kudos

We have debugged but I will check with Security if they can use SE97 to fix. We are not using EP, we are using ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

XD03?

Which tab / view are you wanting the user to maintain?

Cheers,

Julius