cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpack and Repack HU on the DELVRY03 IDOC back into SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to unpack and repack an Outbound Delivery using the DELVRY03 IDOC?

I have a scenario where an Outbound Delivery is updated from an external 3rd party application with HU. If the user on the 3rd party application changes the packing configuration, I would like to resend the information to SAP via a DELVRY03 IDOC and update the Outbound Delivery with the new HU configuration.

STEP 1: Send DELVRY03 IDOC to SAP with HU (This steps is successful)

STEP 2: Send a new DELVRY03 to SAP with the new HU (Unpacking and repacking Issue)

I have been successful at updating the Outbound Delivery with the initial packing configuration from the first IDOC that comes into SAP. Just as an FYI, this delivery is not 'PGI'ed . We are only making changes to the HU. The second IDOC, at a later date, is failing due to the preexistence of the HUs when we try to make an update.

If the unpacking and repacking is possible, can someone explain how this can be done via the DELVRY03 IDOC?

Thank you for your help,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be acheieved through update the delivery by calling WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE but before calling this call Functional module HU_PACKING_AND_UNPACKING then pass your material, packing number and other data's to update the repacking information in delivery.

Add on to this check this link and other BAPI's which are very useful:

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE

BAPI_INB_DELIVERY_CHANGE

BAPI_HU_DELETE - Deletes the handling unit

HU_UNPACK - Unpacks the HU

regards

rc gopi

Edited by: Gopi Chandrakesan on May 12, 2009 4:55 AM

Edited by: Gopi Chandrakesan on May 12, 2009 4:57 AM