cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Design Time Repository Client has some resources missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In NWDS, I defined a Client : TestMe to connect to the DTR on an ECC 6.0 Server.

I log in (using the Design Time Repository perspective) and it brings in all of the tracks currently defined in the DTR on the server. All is OK so far ...

Then,

I switch to the Development Component perspective.

When doing so, I cannot see the tracks that I was able to see when logged in under the Design Time Repository perspective (connecting to the DTR).

Why can one not see the tracks under the Development Component perspective. Where is the NWDS looking to retreive this information?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

found answer in another document

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which other document? We have this same problem now. In NWDI I have several tracks. In NWDS, I can see these tracks (and their contents) in the DTR perspective, but when I switch to the Development Configurations perspective and select the Development Configuration Import wizard, choose Remote, I see most of the tracks but one (and of course one that I need) is missing.

It feels like something is out of sync between the DTR and... what? CBS? CMS? From the NWDI CMS and CBS views, however, I can see the track, so I'm mystified.

Thanks if you can point me to where you found your solution.

Best regards,

Matt

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I ended up solving this one myself. For anyone else finding this thread by search, it turns out to actually be fairly simple.

The problem (in my case) was caused by an accidental deletion of a track in the CMS. I restored the NWDI database to the point in time just before I deleted the track (cause I really didn't want to spend nearly two days re-importing all the SC's and dependencies that I had just finished importing), and that fixed the problem as far as CMS, CBS, and DTR were concerned. Problem was, from NWDS, the track was not available as a development configuration for import.

The reason is because NWDS looks at the SLD for development configurations, and when I deleted that track, it deleted it from SLD as well. Restoring the NWDI database did not restore that data in SLD. Using the Update CMS function didn't make any difference, as it only updates dependencies, not entire track data. However, simply going into Change mode in the CMS Landscape Configurator and then saving the track data, without changing anything, did the trick. That basically saved the track data back out to SLD, and voila! The configuration is visible for importing in NWDS.

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Casey,

did you import configuration.

go to development perspective and right click on local development and select import configuration and select remote and select the track which you want to see

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Thanks for the response ...

go to development perspective and right click on local development and select import configuration and select remote and select the track which you want to see

I tried to do this - several times but it still did not show the newly-created track.

What I wound up doing was just creating a whole new track altogether and that seemed to go over OK.

But - now I am having problems configuring the application.xml file for the EAR.

I found that the form should be something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE application (View Source for full doctype...)>

- <application>

<display-name>slogear</display-name>

<description>EAR description</description>

- <module>

- <web>

<web-uri>hme.com~slogan.war</web-uri>

<context-root>loc_slogan</context-root>

</web>

</module>

</application>

All of the other items I feel are OK with the exception of context-root. According to the documentation, it is to be where :

context-root: name of root folder on the server where application will be deployed. This is also the URL

to access the custom application.

How do you find out what root folder SAP will deploy to?? I had set it to loc_slogan but obviously that is wrong as it does not work. The goal is to just type in http://<host>:<port>/<some-kind-of-path>/slogan.jsp and get the file slogan.jsp to come up.

TIA