Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Interface Determination is not available for PI 7.1

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

In PI 7.0 we have Enhanced Interface Determination by having Advance mode in Interface Determination.

But Such option is not available in PI 7.1?

How do we achieve Enhanced Interface Determination in PI 7.1?

Thanks

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

As you Must be knowing With PI 7.1 we can have multiple operations for a Service interface which was not possible previously in PI 7.0 and other releas.

Now you can have multiple message type in one Service interface, when you have such kind of thing then Enhanced Interface detremination is taken care automatically.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Extended Receiver Determination in PI 7.1.

I have used RFC communication channel in the Operation mapping. Thus I have used 'Parameters' section of Extended Receiver Determination.

When I save the Extended Receiver Determination, I get Run time error:

Internal error:

Link from Receiver Determination |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX| STPPOD.DELVRY03 | * | * to

object type "Channel" with role "d4c7e4014f6311de8b201606dd288802"

is not permitted (INVALID_LINK)

Can anybody tell me if they have faced same issues before and found any solution for that?

Many Thanks!,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

one question to your comment about EID in PI 7.1.

I have a scenario where I want to split an outbound message with N entries into N messages of Service Interface SI_A and one message of service interface SI_B with N entries. Both will be routed to the same target system which is a file system. So in Mapping I specified the two target messages with an occurrence of 0...unbounded and 1. But in Interface Determination I can only specify one of the target service interfaces. When I specify both the mapping is executed two times which is not what I want.

I already tried it and it works when specifying only one Service Interface in Interface Determination since both messages all messages are created by the mapping program. But thats not what it should be since I can not control the routing of the second message.

Thanks in advance,

Manfred

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI 7.1 you can choose directly mapping that is 1..N and source is your sender interface. So without having enhanced interface determination it is serving its purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know where you are facing problem

The enahcned Interface determination is seen as 0...unbounded in 7.1. (I mean the multiplicity will change after correct Operation mapping is added)

I did not see the option of enhanced in Interface Determination.

Then I deleted the existing Mapping ( that got generated by configuration wizard )

and values option list gave me the actual Operation mapping.

So, I understood that Enhanced interface determination is available directly in Interface determination in 7.1 which can be checked in the multiplicity. No extra radio buttons

So 7.1 has Operation mapping with multiplicity as you desired and it will be picked up in selection in Interface determination.

Regards,

Venkat.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos