Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted elements to be deleted from MAIN window in sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have copied standard sapscript PSFC_PRINT_LAY(production order printing) into Z_PRINT_LAY and trying to delete some of the elements(Routing part) which I dont want from MAIN window. When I am trying to run the application it is giving error that some of the elements are not available. How can I fix the problem.Please give me some light on this issue.

Regards,

Ameer.

10 REPLIES 10

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There will be function module calls in the print program that will need to be commented out. The WRITE_FORM function module, you will see the element name being passed to it. Any element that you got rid of in the sapscript, will need to be removed from the program by commenting out the call to WRITE_FORM.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't want change my print program being it sap standard one. Is there any other better method availble to do the same which I would like to know please.

Thanks and Regards,

Ameer.

0 Kudos

Copy the standard print program and modify accordingly. This is the only way.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

if you don't want to change the Driver/Print Program you will end up with errors.

there is no point in changing the script layout.

try to copy the Driver also to some ZDRiver and make changes accordingly,

Regards

vijay

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whenever you copy the std. layout to your z layout, don't delete the unnecesary elements, but comment the text of the unnecessary elements.

In this, you don't have to serach for unnecessary WRITE_FORM in your program.

Regards,

Naimesh

0 Kudos

Hi Naimesh,

I have done this earlier but it is giving error at application level that elements are not existing.

Thanks and Regards,

Ameer.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Don't comment the Text elements. Comment only the text of the text elements.

/E TEST111

A1 Comment this portion

A1 XXXXXX

So, after commenting like,

/E TEST111

/* Comment this portion

/* XXXXXX

Regards,

Naimesh

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Goto Main Window editor.

Then in Menu Text->check

then specify triggering program and try to remove all errors.

It will solve ur problem.

regards

vinod

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just comment write_form related to those elements in your driver thats all . nothing much required.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

Do not delete elements from your SAPscript form. If your control program is calling any element, it must be available in your layout.

You have to comment code of element or remove code of element. Retain only element definition.

E.g. If you have element like

/E PRINT_ITEM

AL &VBDKR-VBELN&..

Maintain only element definition. It should look like

/E PRINT_ITEM

Regards,

Naren