cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap mapping for content conditions routing in a flat-flat scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I have a flat-flat file scenario. Based on the content of the input file, I need to route data to the receiver.The source flat file will have several IDOC details.

Assume two fields FIELD1 and FIELD2 in different segments of the IDOC. My requirement is if FIELD1 of an IDOC = "XYZ" and FIELD2 of the same IDOC = "PQR", then this IDOC's details has to be passed to the receiver.

I have tried to implement the above condition at interface determination in graphical mapping.

In the graphical mapping, the problem is:

Assuming there are 3 idocs in the input file.

FIELD1 of IDOC[1] = 'XYZ' and FIELD2 of IDOC[1] = 'PQR'

FIELD1 of IDOC[2] = 'LMN' and FIELD2 of IDOC[2] = 'RST'

FIELD1 of IDOC[3] = 'ABC' and FIELD2 of IDOC[3] = 'DEF' .

Now, if none of the IDOCs in the input file satisfy my requirement,the message mapping should not be called at all. But in my case its failing because FIELD1 of IDOC[1] and FIELD2 of IDOC[3] together are satisfying the condition and hence the message mapping is getting called.

And I need to check this condition IDOC wise. Both the conditions has to be satisfied in the same IDOC.

The question is very similar to the one posted by SHOBHA HB. (Topic:Receiver determination(or Interface determination) and conditional routing )

but, due to complexities in the graphical mapping, we have decided to go for the ABAP mapping instead.

Kindly help, by mentioning the steps I should follow for this interface, the logic basically. I already have paths to some basic ABAP mapping documents from SDN, so, kindly refrain from posting general URLS for definition or history of ABAP mapping.

IF you could guide me on this interface, It would be really helpful.

regards,

giri raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please visit the following blogs that refer ABAP Mapping

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/09/20/xi-abap-mapping-logs--more-standard-better-visibility

/people/ricardoandres.maienza/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-call-xi-abap-mapping-via-rfc

/people/harikumar.sasidharannair/blog/2008/08/26/transforming-message-1n-using-abap-class

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/11/01/dynamically-sending-a-mail-to-the-po-creator-using-xslt-abap-mapping

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/29/testing-abap-mapping

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/06/xipi-easy-abap-mapping-tests--no-more-sximappingtest

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2006/02/19/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-iiia150-xml-dom-within-sap-xi-abap-mapping

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2006/02/20/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-iiib150-xml-dom-within-sap-xi-abap-mapping

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/21/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-ii--convert-an-xml-file-into-an-abap-table-using-sap-dom-approach

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/10/different-types-of-mapping-in-xi

This document will help you to create ABAP Mapping .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/how%20to%20...

How to Use ABAP Mapping in Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 (NW2004)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5c46ab90-0201-0010-42bd-9d030259...

SAP Network Blog: How to call XI ABAP Mapping via RFC

/people/ricardoandres.maienza/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-call-xi-abap-mapping-via-rfc

SAP Network Blog: Testing ABAP Mapping

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/29/testing-abap-mapping

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

An ad-on

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/09/20/xi-abap-mapping-logs--more-standard-better-visibility

Regards