cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction in area 01 contradicts the NBV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

I am trying to post unplanned depreciation through transaction code ABAA with 640 as transaction type.

the following error is dipalyed and not allowing us to post depreciation to any asset.

Error:

Transaction in area 01contradics the net book value rule" (AA660).

kindly help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have simulated your error in my system - and also find the rectification of the error created for the transaction u r using ABAA - please follow the below steps:

SOLUTION STEPS:

1. Need to do configuration change for depreciation area 01 - "Define depreciation area details:"

Path: SPRO --> Fin.acctg --> Asset accounting --> Valuation --> depreciation areas --> @Define depreciation areas

2. select the area - first with "01"

3. In the tab "Value Maintenance" , against the "Net book value", select "All values Allowed"

SAVE..

4. Try with your posting ABAA, in case the system flash error with another dep area - which has been defined in your system, do the same excercise for that area & SAVE... until your posting is done sucessfully.

Please revert me in case of any issues...

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Raghavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that you want to get a negative NBV.

Look to your planned/ posted depreciation. I think with the amount you want to post with your unplanned depreciation you are going to a negative nbv

former_member1218262
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

You do not have to do any kind of configuration, untill you wanted to make your asset as negative value, which I don't think, you would do with this process. I had same issue with me and today I resovled it with following steps:-

1. Check you asset value, which you are taking for your testing. Say if asset net value NBV is $1000, you should not do ABAA for more than this amount. I was doing this mistake and that's the reason getting this error. Then I took another asset had more NBV and did ABAA with lesser amount. If you wanted to make your asset as negative, then you may be required to do the configuration as our friends explained above.

2. Use proper Trasnaction Type, 640 - Unplanned depreciation on prior-year acquisitions and 650 - Unplanned depreciation on current-yr acquisition. In order to see the asset acquisition date, go to AS03 and check for dates.

3. finally, you can run the AFAB - dep run and you can see that unplanned dep got posted to G/L account mapped in your configuration.

with above steps, you should be ok. Let me know, if this does not work for you, will try to get it resolved.

thanks,

Pawan

PS- If this helps, please confirm with process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I too getting the sam error. I checked according your steps but getting the same error. I have tried with the transaction type 650 for the asset acquired in current year. The NBV of the asset is more than the the depreciation posting.

When i changed the configuration according to Ravi above, the error is not appearing. i.e keeping "all values allowd" in the concerned depreciation areas. Kindly let us know how it was solved for you.

Regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is asked here atleast 100 times. please always search the forum first before posting your question.

Few things you can check:

(1) Check if the asset was acquired in current year - if so, use tty 650.

(2) If above did not resolve ur error than check the Negative values allowed check box in your depreciation area 01 (double click area 01). If you dont see this check box, go to ur screenlayout for depreciation and make this field editable than come to this screen and check this check box, save the AMR and re-run ur transaction.

hope this helps.