Did you mean: 

Error at "install java engine phase" in ECC6 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Got an error at install java engine phase while installing ECC6 installation

The logs say the error below

ERROR 2009-05-11 00:11:24

FCO-00011 The step removeJavaDirectories with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|removeJavaDirectories was executed with status ERROR .

FSL-02040 Unable to delete node I:/usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin with type directory: The directory is not empty.

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

Checked with "full control" permissions for sidadm, checked that all the services are up and running , checked that database is up and running. cant understand why this prob occured..

would any one have an answer for it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys i re-installed from scratch as everything went fine with little hiccups.

i am closing this thread ..and tq all for sharing you Knowledge ..regards prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry manoj

by this time i had tried that idea 10 times everytime hoping that it would resolve the issue.......but no luck ...it seems that i will reinstall from scratch starting from OS installation...

I guess this would be better...if i get the same error at that stage even after re-installation i think i should ask SAP abt this...inform u abt this guys in 24 hrs..

thank all for spending ur quality time

regards

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI sunny

by the way i am using 2003 enterprise edition / oracle as database/

unable to move directory ...says access denied. i tried to delete it manually out of frustration...lol....still says access denied. but my sidadm has all permissions as a administrator and he is present in all the sap groups .

tq

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stop all oracle/SAP services and then try

Edited by: Manoj Chintawar on May 13, 2009 12:43 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happens when some process are trying to use the directory. Please move this direcotry to some other location then try.

Also try to stop the system with database and check if some processes are running with ps -aef|grep <sidadm>. If yes, then kill all process and then move the directory to other place. Then restart the system and continue the installation. Please let me know the result.

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did as u said gautham. now the error says

ERROR 2009-05-11 20:28:03

FSL-02040 Unable to delete node I:/usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin.bck with type directory: The directory is not empty.

unbeleivable

ANy more ideas plz?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems some processes are using this directory. Please try the following:

Stop the SAP instances and database.

Rename the directory /usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin as /usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin.bck

Start the database and SAP instance

Restart the installation.

Regards

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

But actually in this path I:/usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin there is nothing to delete in the bin directory. but the error says the diretory is not empty.

i looked for any hidden files just in case...but nothing is there. its empty. cant understand why it wants to delte the content in that folder and throws a error even though there is nothing in it..

any ideas plz?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the sapinst.log says ,

NFO 2009-05-11 10:21:38

Execute step removeJavaDirectories of component |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0.

INFO 2009-05-11 10:21:39

Removing directory I:/usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin.

ERROR 2009-05-11 10:21:39

FSL-02040 Unable to delete node I:/usr/sap/VSB/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/bin with type directory: The directory is not empty.

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step removeJavaDirectories with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|removeJavaDirectories was executed with status ERROR .

INFO 2009-05-11 11:09:09

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|removeJavaDirectories".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes manoj i started the installation as sidadm and made sure that this user has got full permissions...........any ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the permissions for the user with which you have started this installation?