cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output medium 5 not working for invoice message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have an issue with output medium 5 for comercial invoices. We have defined current message type ZRD0 with this output medium (it still has other mediums assigned like 1) because when we create a comercial invoice we want to send the invoice automatically to customer mail as a pdf file.

We have followed the instructions:

-we have add this medium to message type and it has assigned exactly the same program and smartform as medium 1).

- Communication strategy is already defined as it is being used for vendors mails.

- Customer has e-mail address filled and my user in SU01 has a mail defined.

Unfortunately mail is not being generated but spool is being generated?!? For vendors this output type is working fine, we are sending the PO to vendor's mail as pdf file and I don't understand why it's not working.

Any ideas??

thanks in advance,

Raquel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Raquel Pastor,

I believe the problem is that you are using the same program and layout of transmission medium 1 (print); If I'm not wrong you need to modify the program to actually send the email, because it is possible that this program is not ready to be used for transmission medium 5. Please check if this program is used in other output with transmission medium 5 and it is working, or verify with ABAP people.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

Mariano you were right, the problem didn't have this option (Output medium "5"). We have added it and now it's working perfectly!!

Gracias!

Raquel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel

Firstly In the output type ZRDO output type , check wheather the transmission medium has been checked or not. Secondly also check in VV32 with what transmission medium the record has been maintained.

Finally also check in ZRDO output type wheather pdf file has been maintained or not

Regards

Srinath