cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP options

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I have seen many threads regarding DTP and would like to know which option is better to have in the DTP to manage error handling. We have four options in the DTP:

1) Deactivated(Switched off).

2) No update, No reporting

3) Update valid records, no reporting(request red)

4) Update valid records, reporting possible.

The reason i have started this thread is to find out the best practice to use the DTP for BI loads. Also, based on your experiences, which options should i go for DTP and for fixing the error loads,editing the data,etc.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dorson,

When the error handling is set to Update valid records, no reporting(request red), DTP allows you to update valid data, the entire request turns red in case of errors. The advantage is that any errors occured during extraction is very visible (due to the red request). Disadvantage is, the data from the red request cannot be reported on.

With Update valid records, reporting possible (request green), the request is green irrespective of error records (upto a maximum limit of error records, to be set by user). Advantage, if very few records have errors, the correct updated records can be reported upon.

The below link contains some basic info on the topic:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/45/dc799c25c15592e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3) Update valid records, no reporting(request red)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dorson,

In addition to this, we can also use the following DTP option which improves Quality of the Data.

1.If it is a master data DTP use option Handle Duplicate record keys

2.For Transactional DTP use option No further processing without Master data

These options are very useful for eleminating the duplicates and useful for maintaining the accurate master data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sathish.