Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU53 shows no Auth failure for txn OMH7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a role that only has transaction OMH7 and I've given full authorisation to the open item that was brought in. I've assigned it to a user and when he tries to run OMH7 he gets a error in the form of a pop up window saying "You are not authorised to use this function" the SU53 shows no failures and I've run a trace on it and it shows only checks for the auths defined in SU24 and they are all green.

So to me this seems like a non-security issue i.e config or something. However, if I give the user SAP_ALL the problem goes away and he can successfully use OMH7.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is going on ? we are on ECC6

Thanks Stan

7 REPLIES 7

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the SM01 status for this TCode? Also check that the User master reconciliation has been performed properly which I suspect most.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stan,

If you have not already, please run an Authorization Check with ST01.

Hope this helps!

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stan,

Looks like OMH7 calls SNUM.

You may want to test adding SNUM to the role and try it.

Hope this helps!

PJ

0 Kudos

There were also some program errors in this area which were corrected a while back, and had some side-effects when using parameters to jump into the maintenance intervals.

I am not logged on, but OMH7 might be such a parameter transaction.

See [SAP Note 1037230|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1037230|and related notes...]

Generally, a usefull tip is to display the error message and search both code to see what is going on and the Service Marketplace for that message number.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on May 11, 2009 9:29 PM

Tip added.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stan,

As OMH7 doesn't come under SAP Menu,it won't insert any authorization objects automatically.

Insert S_NUMBER object manually in that newly created role and after that maintain BANF number range object in S-NUMBER under NROBJ field and do the user comparision.it worked for me.

Regards,

Gadde.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=25974561&messageID=7475676

Possibly you have the problem solved with SAP note #1109298.....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stan,

The ST01 trace also showed the following:

AUTH - - - S_TCODE RC=0 TCD=OMH7;

AUTH - - - S_NUMBER RC=0 NROBJ=BANF;ACTVT=02;

AUTH - - - S_NUMBER RC=0 NROBJ=BANF;ACTVT=11;

Hope this helps!

PJ