cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM icon missing in InfoView

Former Member
0 Kudos

When installing the web server component of BOE XI R2 on Windows (distributed install), I chose the Custom option and only selected the Web Component Adapter with Tomcat. Tomcat and all the webapps were installed okay, but I am missing the PM icon in InfoView.

Because this is a distributed install, the PM services are installed on another server in the environment and this specific web server in question is only for Tomcat. My guess is that the desktoplaunch app is missing the components for PM and now I will need to manually merge.

I would like to know what is the best way to do this, and also why did this happen to begin with? Was there some install option I missed due to which PM code was not deployed as part of the desktoplaunch webapp? I added the PM keycode to the CMC and the AA services are all fine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to recreate desktop.war with PM components and then need to redeploy the war file again. I think there is a file called pm.boar, and u need to merge this file with desktop.war. and the resulting desktop.war will contain PM files also. Deploy the desktop.war, you should be able to find the PM icon

While installing u could have selected any one PM server and in this case desktop.war gets all the files from PM and later u could have removed that server.

-Raghu

Edited by: Raghavendra Barekere on May 11, 2009 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

While installing u could have selected any one PM server and in this case desktop.war gets all the files from PM and later u could have removed that server.

Is that the right way to deploy PM content with the desktoplaunch webapp? I believe I could have done that, but would like to know the best practice to follow in such a distributed installation of just the web server components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure this is the best practice, I would say it as a workaround. I tried it and it worked. Later you can remove those PM servers.

-Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I guess I will give that a shot! I hope the install would be clean even after I remove the server...I think I will need to install just any one PM service to get the Tomcat components for PM.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstalled this time with PM services and then deleted them...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

I have a question for you as you have BOE XI R2.

I have developed some 50 crystal reports and there is a company logo (OLE Object) on the header of each report, and I have some 6 chart reports, the issue is, images and charts are not being displayed in the viewer (DHTML viewer, also tried with Advance DHTML viewer) but when I export them to any of the format then everything seems perfect, what is wrong with it? Have you come across with this issue? Any help would help me a lot.

Thanks

-Azhar

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also try copying your desktop.war from the server that has the PM options and then redeploying (the server that doesn't) with it.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because there was no WCA/Tomcat installed and deployed on the PM (processing) server, the java/applications directory on that server does not have the WAR files!

Moreover, I also want to find out the right way to deploy on the web server along with PM web components. Is there another way to even reinstall the app on the web server from scratch to get that? I am willing to try that out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim - I think that is an easier option, but then I don't have any config files for PM in the folder on this web server. Would that make a difference? I am assuming that the web server does not need any custom config (PMUser etc) for PM anyway, all that should be done on the app server running the PM services, right?