SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to correct main and subtransaction codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I create an invoice (print document) it picks correct main & sub transaction for each line item eg. 0100 & 0130.

But if I see the connecting FI-CA document, it is showing different main & sub transaction eg. 0100 & 0020.

Could you please help me how I can see the correct MT/ST codes in the FI-CA document?

Thanks,

Gergő

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice will display External MT and ST, but FICA documents will get posted with internal MT and ST through Billing Schema engine.

Regards.........KK

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice will display External MT and ST, but FICA documents will get posted with internal MT and ST through Billing Schema engine.

Regards.........KK

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the print document, corresponding FICA document is created. The main/sub 0100/0020 is the SAP standard main/sub for consumption document.

The main/sub 0100/0130 may be the main/sub for line items defined in billing schema against the line items appearing for the billing document.

The billing line items totals are combined and posted as a fica document.

Please let me know what excatly you looking for?

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Popat

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Both in print doc and billing doc MT/ST 0100/0130 is appeared.

I would like to see MT/ST 0100/0130 in the related FI-CA doc as well, but it is 0100/0020. Although G/L bookings behind the posting are the G/Ls for MT/ST 0100/0130.

Thanks,

Gergő

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

THe billing main/sub would not appear on the FICA document. The sub transaction appearing in the billing document is maintained in the billing schema against particular line item as per the requirement.

The total of these charges define the cosumption receivable and is posted as FICA document with main/sub as 0100/0020.

For the billing purpose, there would be different kind of charges that you want to differentiate, but they all together form a consumption document. The main / sub assigned in the billing document is to differentiate the charges say as customer charge / Energy charge / etc...but in all are the consumption receivable for a particular account.

These charges togheter are combined and posted under main sub = 0100/0020.

Hope it clears some doubts!!

Regards,

Rajesh Popat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information, these were what I knew according to my experince.

But I've met with an example when another MT/RM was appeared in FI-CA doc not 0100/0020.

Regards,

Gergő

0 Kudos

There is an article I wrote on this topic:

http://www.sap-isu.net/profiles/blogs/can-i-change-the-default-fica

The magic config is posting area R410. You can configure it using t-code FQC0.

Daniel Toba

http://www.sap-isu.net - SAP ISU social network

0 Kudos

As I have written at http://www.sap-isu.net/profiles/blogs/can-i-change-the-default-fica it is not working in version 4.6C.

Kind regards,

Gergő