cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding workflows from automatic mail forwarding of work items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured automatic email forwarding of work items by scheduling a background job that calls RSWUWFML2.

Is there some way to exclude some workflows, meaning that work items from these workflows shall not be forwarded to the users email?

Thanks, Oscar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. The one in the task row as you said "TS00008267" is the task ID. Yes that also mean that a Step always has the same task ID independent of the workflow it is being used in as you said.

You copy the Tasks (copying steps will give you same Task ID) so they receive another task id , just the task ID number changes and , you use that copied task id in the workflows whos work items you dont want to automatically forward.

Regards,

Sujatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think it's possible to exclude, only include. And then it's only on task basis so if the same task is used in different workflows you may have a problem.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

The First block of the selection screen of program is INSTANCE DATA .The second selection screen field in this block is TASK. So you use this field to restrict which workflow task to be picked by program while craeting the variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this you can customize in the execution of the report RSWUFML2. Here you can create variant and use it.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be great if you could explain a bit more. How do I customize this?

Thanks, Oscar

Edited by: Oscar Ivarsson on May 11, 2009 5:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can create variants depending on the Task Id and also you can create custom text for notification. Please read the documentation of this program and you will get your answer.

Thanks

Arghadip

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This you can achieve by creating the Variant

1) In the workflow identify the Task, which you donu2019t want to send the notification

2) In the u201CInstance Datau201D Block, in the Task there is a select option, click that.

3) In the Select option screen you have to give the Task which you want to exclude, in the exclude options

4) Then save the variant, schedule program using the variant

Note : you have to give the respective Task No. in the workflow, NOT the workflow No.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Say I'm looking at a workflow in SWDD, double click a step and open the Control tab. Is it the task ID I find on the Task row, e.g. "TS00008267" for the General Decision Task? Does this mean that a Step always has the same task ID independent of the workflow it is being used in?

If this is the only way to go around the automatic fowarding of work items it is probably not good enough. Is it possible to copy steps so they receive another task id (e.g. Z... IDs), and use them in the workflows whos work items you dont want to automatically forward?

Thanks.