Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall result in Query designer displaying ' * ' for one kf when executing

tom_darsy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a got a kf in which value ' * ' is getting displayed when i have done display overall results for one of my chars. Now what i am hoping is that this can be because there are too many records in the display and the total is too huge and that is the reason it is disaplying * in it. Please can somone guide me if there is some setting that can be done

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

This is because you have different unit or currency in the data record and you can not sum it if they are different unit/Currency therefore system is showing you *.

You can try NODIM(KF) and see if it is adding or try currency or unit conversion at query level so that all records in the query have same unit/currency.

Regards,

Kams

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member213233
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

• sign in column is not because of huge datarecords, this is because of records having different types of unit/curreny in same column. you can resolve this issue either by using key figure without dimension(NODIM(KF) or by converting the unit or currency to single (uniform) in update rule or transformation.

regds

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is most likely because you have key figures with different units. You might need some unit conversion in order to get a usefull result.

If you are actually using units that can be summarized but somehow are different, use a formula and the NODIM function.

Hope it helps.

BR

Stefan