cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy commit work

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue has been discussed over and over again in various threads. However the solutions proposed there did not solve my current problem.

I have a proxy in which I want to execute a BAPI. I've tested the BAPI separately in a report and it works like a charm. But when I use the exact same code in the proxy and add a COMMIT (tried both the bapi_transaction_commit and the regular commit work), the data does not get saved.

There are no error messages and when debugging the code seems to process just fine. Just nothing is saved.

As a test I've used code that just inserts a line into a custom table... nothing more than that. Except for the commit afterward of course. That too doesn't get saved.

Is there a specific setting I need to do for the proxy to enable it to save data? Thanks in advance for the help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out this was a language problem. My personal development language is English, whilst the proxy user has it defaulted to Dutch.

When manually running a program with the code and checking, both are in the same session, so the same language. However the proxy is executed in Dutch... and I was checking in English.

We found out when a colleague was helping out with the tests... it immediately worked on his system. After the initial wtfnowayshowme, we figured it out. Damned, took me long enough.

Thanks for the help though

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, there is nothing special

you're calls probably don't get executed

did you regiuster the queues in ECC ?

SXMB_ADM - register queues ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply! I've checked the queues, but don't have authorization to change anything there, have to wait for the PI guy, he'll be here tomorrow. I'll try it then and keep you posted.

But if the calls don't get executed, wouldn't that mean the proxy as a whole isn't executed? Because when I place an endless loop in there, I get debug the proxy using SM50. It does actually pass over the code and doesn't report any errors at that level; not at the bapi/insert and not at the commit.

Edited by: Egbert Venema on May 11, 2009 4:29 PM