cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error returned by BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to update global product master using "BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2". I successfully tested the BAPI by executing it through SE37 and passing following parameters:

1. LOGICAL_SYSTEM = <Techinal Name>

2. COMMIT_CONTROL = 'A'

3. PRODUCT_HEAD = <Relevant Details>

4. PRODUCT_HEAD_X = <Relevant Details>

On execution, the product was created as expected.

However, the BAPI failed to create the product when called through an ABAP program passing the exacly same parameters as specified above. Following messages are returned in the 'Return' structure:

1. Type: E, ID: /SAPAPO/MAT, Number: 033, Message: Base unit of measure PAC does not exist (Product D100126CCF has not been created)

2. Type: I, ID: /SAPAPO/CIF, Number: 003, Message: Application log (ext. no. IWVNWI7A81XX0000MAWAJ0) for obj. APO_BAPI and sub-obj. PRD_APS has been logged

I have tried using COMMIT_CONTROL A,S,E and blank. Nothing worked.

SCM Version 5.00.

Please advice.

Regards,

Anoop Sahu

Edited by: Anoop Sahu on May 11, 2009 7:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahu,

Please check whether Base unit of measure has been defined in the system and as well as for the product D100126CCF. If not maintained, the same has to be maintained and then you can rerun the BAPI to check.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using this BAPI to create new product and not modify existing product. Hence, the product cannot be created before executing the BAPI. Also, the base unit of measure is maintained. The fact that i am able to execute successfully the same function module with same parameters through SE37 (for testing) confirms that the Unit of measure exists and the BAPI creates new products. However, when called through an ABAP program, it failes returning the error highlighted before.

Regards,

Anoop Sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem has been resolved. The problem occured as the unit passed was 'Commercial Unit' and not Unit (Maintained in Tcode CUNI). However, surprisingly when the BAPI is executed from SE37 and the commercial unit passed, it authomatticaly selects the relevant Unit and creates the product. This does not happen when the BAPI is called through ABAP program.

Thanks & Regards,

Anoop Sahu

Answers (0)