cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RA&R 5.3 - Rule Upload Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Chaps.

I have a issue that I need assistance in resolving. When I am uploading the RISK component text files for RISK, RISK DESCRIPTION & RISK RULE SET, I am receiving the following error message, at the bottom of the screen -

Duplicate rule set GLOBAL !) is assigned to a Risk & Rule set Global !) is not define

To test

In the Rule Set text file I removed GLOBAL and inserted GENERAL, but this did not resolve the issue. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issues?

I checked SAP Note 1233259 - Rule Set Text File Upload Error

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason for the error messages was that I was appending the Rule Upload text files. When I uploaded the Risk text files individually, the issue was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Have you created the rule set GENERAL?

You have to first of all create a Rule set by the name of a different rule set than GLOBAL, which is "GENERAL" in your example. Then for each file you upload corresponding to Risks and Rule sets, you need to just replace GLOBAL by GENERAL. This should work fine then.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Hersh.

Thank you for replying. No, I did not create a rule set called "general". I was just trouble shooting at that point. I primary rule set is stil " global". I never had this issue before with uploading Rules into RA&R.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

M Hannie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you changed the rule set IDs in the Risk_RuleSet file in addition to the RuleSet file, so that all risks are now pointing to the "General" rule set, rather than the "Global" rule set? Changes to the rule set ID will need to be made in both files in order to link the individual risks to the rule set.

You can see the file formats and requirements in the AC5.3 Configuration Guide - Appendix A.

Hope this helps to fix your problem.

Thanks,

Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Erin.

Thank you for your reply. My client will only be using one rule set "Global". The change of the rule set to "general" was just a trouble shootong technique?

Why would RA&R complain about a Risk Rule Upload? I never had this issue before... Any other thoughts?

Regards,

M Hannie